Emmet Otter Soundtrack Coming 11/2/2018

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I wonder if it's going to be an Amazon exclusive or will be released all over the USA...

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I hope it’ll be on Apple Music so I can be able to listen to it before I buy it. But odds are it probably won’t because the Storyteller soundtrack isn’t on there and both soundtracks are released by the same company so I don’t know if it’s the company’s choice or what.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I can officially confirm that the Emmet Otter soundtrack is the real deal! I just preordered my copy. Here’s the record company’s website for more information on the track list.

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/jim-hensons-emmet-otters-jug-band-christmas
Track list:

1. The Bathing Suit That Grandma Wore
2. Jam Session
3. Ain’t No Hole In The Washtub
4. When The River Meets The Sea
5. Bar-B-Que (Jug Band)
6. Carrots The Dancing Horse
7. Bar-B-Que (Yancy Woodchuck)
8. Dancing Rabbit Act
9. Squirrel Acrobatic Act
10. Our World
11. Brothers
12. Riverbottom Nightmare Band
13. Our World-Brothers
14. Our World-Brothers Club Reprise
15. When The River Meets The Sea Reprise
16. Born In A Trunk (Bonus Track)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:smile: yaaayy!!!
Track list:

1. The Bathing Suit That Grandma Wore
2. Jam Session
3. Ain’t No Hole In The Washtub
4. When The River Meets The Sea
5. Bar-B-Que (Jug Band)
6. Carrots The Dancing Horse
7. Bar-B-Que (Yancy Woodchuck)
8. Dancing Rabbit Act
9. Squirrel Acrobatic Act
10. Our World
11. Brothers
12. Riverbottom Nightmare Band
13. Our World-Brothers
14. Our World-Brothers Club Reprise
15. When The River Meets The Sea Reprise
16. Born In A Trunk (Bonus Track)
She's beautiful. :cry:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
These sound amazing and straight from the original recordings, not lifting the audio from the special (like A Special Sesame Street Christmas).
Yay! I can't stand when the audio on soundtracks is just lifted straight from the movie or special. Like, why would I want to pay for audios of whole scenes if I can just watch them on Youtube?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I downloaded it this week, and it is awesome.

It says on the iTunes page that there's a downloadable booklet if you download the whole album, which I did, but I can't figure out how to open the booklet. I downloaded it on my iPhone, if that matters.

I was amazed at certain songs sounding longer than I remember them (though I am aware that some songs were shortened in the original broadcast and extended in the 1980 ABC broadcast). I feel like the instrumental at the end of the "Brothers/Our World" reprise is longer than in the special.

I've read that The Jim Henson Company no longer has original backing tracks for The Muppet Show or Fraggle Rock, meaning audio releases would have to use the versions from the shows (if not re-using tracks that have already been released in audio form), so it is amazing that they've kept the original audio tracks for Emmett Otter after all these years, especially since it wasn't released as an album until now (were there plans for a soundtrack album back in 1977 or so?). Of course it's also amazing Henson kept all the deleted scenes from the original broadcast when it seems they didn't save deleted scenes from a lot of other productions.