Emmet Otter Action Figures coming soon!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey youuuuu guys!!!

:news: This is a Muppet News Flash!
Earlier today, reputable Muppet fansite toughpigs broke the news that toy company Plastic Meatballs will be producing and releasing action figures based on the beloved Henson Christmas special Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.

At this time, we know of an action figure of Emmet himself to come with Pa Otter's tool shed and branch, and Alice 'Ma' Otter with laundry basket and washtub base. Rumors have it that a variant of Alice will be made with the dress she made after hocking Pa Otter's tool shed in the special.

Stay tuned for further developments as they happen.

:excited: :fanatic: :big_grin:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If I didn't know better I would say it's April 1st and this is one of those April Fools Day threads that show up every year. Almost seems too good to be real.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hexcept for the fact I don't post any April Fools Day threads.

Oh, and that one about Bear in The Big Blue House on Disney+ came true too.

Still waiting for more details like pricing and figure size to add as special guest stars to my Muppet collection. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: And now for an update in our lead story. It seems that instead of single releases, Emmet and Alice 'Ma' Otter will be sold together as a 2-pack. The respective accessories now include Emmet's tool chest, the Christmas branch, Alice's laundry basket, and the washtub bass. No information has been made available regarding the Alice Otter exclusive with talent show dress. The figures will be 5.5 inches double prime tall, we're not sure what that means in terms of height compared to either the previously released Palisades Toys or Diamond Select Toys figures. As for price and ordering, pre-orders are being taken at Plastic Meatball's website and if you want to purchase yours then head there when you have the chance because these figures are being made-to-order and will be shipped in time for nextChristmas. We here are unsure if that means Christmas 2023. :confused:

Additionally, Plastic Meatballs will also be selling an Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas artprint and a Riverbottom Nightmare Band T-shirt designed by Dave Parillo who contributed his talents to help create toughpigs' Great Muppet Mural.

Tha's all for this report, thank you and Merry Christmas.

Thor

Reaction score
:news: And now for an update in our lead story. It seems that instead of single releases, Emmet and Alice 'Ma' Otter will be sold together as a 2-pack. The respective accessories now include Emmet's tool chest, the Christmas branch, Alice's laundry basket, and the washtub bass. No information has been made available regarding the Alice Otter exclusive with talent show dress. The figures will be 5.5 inches double prime tall, we're not sure what that means in terms of height compared to either the previously released Palisades Toys or Diamond Select Toys figures.
These look awesome! The description now says Ma Otter stands 5.5 inches tall, and Emmet Otter stands 4.5 inches tall, so they should fit in well with the much-beloved Palisades figures. Plastic Meatball is a reputable company, right?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno if Plastic Meatball is reputable or not, I've never heard of them before now. :skeptical:

Thor

Reaction score
Dunno if Plastic Meatball is reputable or not, I've never heard of them before now. :skeptical:
Well, there are YouTube reviews of some of their other action figures at least. But a year wait is a long-time for these figures, considering Plastic Meatball probably hasn't been around all that long. Do you think you will order?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll order, after all I do want to support a company who's going to scratch make quality Muppet action figures. Then again, due to my visual handicap and the fact my overall display's been put away in boxes. Plus I've always shared the opinion put forward by beaker, (one of the forum's founding members), that a long-lived line of Muppet characters would be better served as a PVC static-sculpted figure line instead.

Thor

Reaction score
Maybe I'll order, after all I do want to support a company who's going to scratch make quality Muppet action figures. Then again, due to my visual handicap and the fact my overall display's been put away in boxes. Plus I've always shared the opinion put forward by beaker, (one of the forum's founding members), that a long-lived line of Muppet characters would be better served as a PVC static-sculpted figure line instead.
Well, i decided to purchase them today before you can no longer buy. I really want the Ma Otter figure just to have another female character besides Miss Piggy (Palisades Janice is way too thin and i don't like her outfit). Too bad Palisades didn't produce more female Muppets, but having this Ma Otter figure is a great addition!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget that Palisades also made figures of Camilla nor Bernice. :cluck: