Emergency! Selling all my Muppet/Henson stuff (and more)

Nick22

Reaction score
i rully rully wish there was something i can do. but my parents won't let me buy anything from you. i am so sorry :frown: i will pray for you though. or send you good thoughts, whatever. i rully rully hope things turn around for you. just don't lose hope

dwmckim

Reaction score
Updated list

Still have lots in boxes i'm still digging through that i'll post once i've unearthed them, but here's all the stuff i can vouch for:

---------------------------
Books:

- Street Gang hardback (SST)
- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Bert and the Broken Teapot
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Jim Henson The Works
- One Frog Can Make a Difference
- Miss Piggy's Guide to Life (no jacket)
- Rainbow Connection - Richard Hunt, Gay Muppeteer
- Jim Henson's Muppet Stories #1
- Muppet Magazine Spring 1986 - Muppet Awards
- No Strings Attached - the Inside Story of Jim Henson's Creature Shop
- The Alchemy of Mirrormask

- Return to Labyrinth volumes 3 & 4
- Best Friends (Fraggle) (some ink on back cover)
- What Do Doozers Do?
- Mokey's Birthday Present
- All three issues of Archaia's Fraggle Rock comic plus the Free Comic Book Day issue

Muppet Babies Comic Books:
- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper
- #9 Cleopiggy (two of these)
- Harvey Classics #5 Go to Camp

- The Puppetry Journal Winter 2005 - A Master Class at Studio Roser cover story (Puppeteers of America magazine)

------------------------------
Videotapes:

- Saturday Night Live episode #1
- Muppet Classic Theatre
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

-----------------------------
DVDs:

- Farscape Adv Films season 3 box set

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Best of TMS: Alice Cooper/Vincent Price (includes song cut from TMS Season 1)/Marty Feldman

- Kermit's Swamp Years

- Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

- The Muppet Movie (Columbia with camera test and Muppetisms extras)

Miscellaneous:

- Valerie Harper and James Coburn Muppet Show scripts

- TMS Harvey Korman script/transcript
- TMS Vincent Price script/transcript
- TMS Kaye Ballard script/transcript

- Empire Strikes Back script

- Fearing Mind Episode 1 script

- Large video collection of Henson/Muppet items (url to tape trade page available upon request)

- Five-part Muppet Babies cal from The Adventures of Kermo Polo: background and four cels over it with Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, and the "explosion" from Animal's popped bag

- the original Muppet Monopoly (slight water damage to the bottom of the box from when my apartment was flooded)

- huge plush Cookie Monster

- small Kermit plush - don't know manufacturer since tag is removed, but it was the one they were giving out as trivia prizes at MuppetFest

- a personally autographed photo of Farscape's Virginia Hay (Zhaan)

- The "cream of the crop" of my collection is a sheet of Muppet stationary (unofficial fan art border by Chris Smigliano) chockful of autographs from a whole slew of Muppeteers and crew members from the set of Muppets From Space (including Brian Henson and Frank Oz). This was given to me as a special gift so due to both the inherent value and the sentimental value, i will only sell it for a high price. (Yes, i'm that desperate to get rid of the #1 thing i never thought i'd sell if the asking price is right!)

--------------------------
Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- Muppet Movie Parodies 1998
- TMS Official Calendar 2004
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

Palisades/Action Figures:

- Kermit (camera accessory is broken in half due to fall of shelf)
- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (glasses are broken off - they stay in place for me fine displayed on my shelf but you may wish to fix with glue)
- Muppet Labs Playset with Beaker
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Electric Mayhem Playset with Animal
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Lew Zealand
- Zoot
- Swedish Kitchen Playset with the Swedish Chef
- Sam Arrow (bottom half broke off due to fall off shelf, snaps back together and stays in place for shelf display but you may wish to glue together)
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Swinetrek Playset with First Mate Piggy
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:
- Sam the Eagle with book / Mahna Mahna /Thog with flower

- Kermit as Bob Cratchit with Robin the Frog as Tiny Tim / Statler as Jacob Marley / Two ice skating Penguins

- Fozzie Bear as Fozziwig / Waldorf as Robert Marley / Ghost of Christmas Present

Also:
- Jack in the Box kids meal figures: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Chef

- Kermit on a log playing banjo with banner saying "50th anniversary" with button that plays Rainbow Connection when pressed. Can be used as either a stand alone shelf display item or has a small hook to hang as Christmas tree ornament

-------------------------------------
Records (all with sleeves):

- The Muppet Show (UK version with gatefold sleeve, different back cover and extra tracks)

- Mahna Mahna/Halfway Down the Stairs 7"

(Sesame Street:smile:
- What Time Is It On Sesame Street? (Gatefold sleeve)
- The Stars Come Out On Sesame Street (Gatefold sleeve)
- Sing-Along! (with paper inner sleeve with lyrics slightly torn)
- Big Bird Presents Hans Christian Andersen (gatefold sleeve)
- Just the Two of Us (two record set with gatefold sleeve)
- Born to Add
- The Best of Big Bird
- The Sesame Street Record (pen marks on front cover, paper peels on back cover)
- Gold! (2 record set with gatefold sleeve)
- Aren't You Glad You're You? (marker marks on front cover)
- 10th Anniversary Album (marker marks on front cover)
- Bert & Ernie Sing-Along
- Monsters!
- The People In Your Neighborhood
- Sleepytime Bird

-----------------
CD's:

-Kermit Unpigged
-Great Muppet Caper soundtrack
-Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack
-Muppet Treasue Island soundtrack
-Muppet Hits Take 2 (crack on underside which doesn't affect playability or sound quality and cover personally autographed by Jerry Juhl)

..and as a reminder as per non Muppet/Henson stuff includes a large collection of Simpsons Comic Books, Alpha Flight comics (from volumes 1, 2, and 3) though many of these were water damaged from the SECOND(!) time my apartment was flooded, a large collection of old issues of The Advocate, Out, Genre, and Echo Magazines, not-as-old but still not all that recent issues of The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, and The American Prospect, most issues of Wrapped In Plastic (a Twin Peaks/David Lynch fanzine which also included quite a bit of X-Files content because of David Duchovny's involvement), lots of Archie comics (comic books and digests), several Doonesbury books, a huge collection of One Life to Live episodes (mostly from 2003-present but also some older stuff), and a large collection of mostly 80s cds and vinyl albums, 7" and 12" singles (including pretty much anything/everything Pet Shop Boys and Eurythmics/Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart related), various collection books of comic strips.

---will post more tomorrow---

zns

Reaction score
We are all worried about you D.W. I am so happy that I purchased those four records from you. I know you are scared and that everything seems worse than before. But I want you to know that I prayed for you this afternoon. It just happened out of nowhere because I know that you are struggling.

If I can give you some help, you might have to take the first job that comes along and stay with that until you find something. But please do not even think about doing things that are worse. Just give yourself some time and don't stop. If you can't find abyone on here for some things, find some friends or relatives who can help you out as well. Just remember who you are and keep a positive outlook. If you keep pushing further and further, you will make out okay. And little by little, things will be better.

If you want, we can try out put out a repsonse to other Muppet websites like Toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset. Ask those guys if they can post a notice about you selling your collection and hopefully you will get more contacts.

But for right now D.W., just keep going forward and don't give up. We all enjoy seeing you on the forum and pray that things will get better for you. God bless and don't hold back.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Zns, i appreciate that. I tend to tear up at the drop of a hat lately so the waterworks reading that was the latest out of a regularly running fountain. I know some people are aware of my aetheism but by the same token, i don't ever discourage anyone from following their own paths or beliefs and it's always touching when someone else prays for me (and maybe having it come from someone else might actually make a difference)

But please do not even think about doing things that are worse. Just give yourself some time and don't stop. If you can't find abyone on here for some things, find some friends or relatives who can help you out as well.
I think i may have mentioned in private email that i don't have much of either in real life; most friends i've had have long gone sperate ways and there's not much people i'm close to and i've been disowned by most of my family for being gay (in 2002, my psychotic brother-in-law's idea of the perfect Mother's Day gift for my sister was to throw the ****** out of the house and free up that bedroom for an exercise room! Any holiday meals that come from my family always have to be carefully checked to see that it wasn't tampered with!)

Wish i could take your advice about not doing things that are worse but when there are bills that have to be met no matter what and no other way to meet them, sometimes one has to do things he would not have ever otherwise done. I've already had to resort to that once and although i hope i never have to do so again, i'm guessing the first time is always the worst so at least that's behind me.

zns

Reaction score
Zns, i appreciate that. I tend to tear up at the drop of a hat lately so the waterworks reading that was the latest out of a regularly running fountain. I know some people are aware of my aetheism but by the same token, i don't ever discourage anyone from following their own paths or beliefs and it's always touching when someone else prays for me (and maybe having it come from someone else might actually make a difference)

I think i may have mentioned in private email that i don't have much of either in real life; most friends i've had have long gone sperate ways and there's not much people i'm close to and i've been disowned by most of my family for being gay (in 2002, my psychotic brother-in-law's idea of the perfect Mother's Day gift for my sister was to throw the ****** out of the house and free up that bedroom for an exercise room! Any holiday meals that come from my family always have to be carefully checked to see that it wasn't tampered with!)

Wish i could take your advice about not doing things that are worse but when there are bills that have to be met no matter what and no other way to meet them, sometimes one has to do things he would not have ever otherwise done. I've already had to resort to that once and although i hope i never have to do so again, i'm guessing the first time is always the worst so at least that's behind me.
I certainly hope that none of this offended you though. I just wanted to help. Just let me know when you can ship the records then and when you have found something to keep you busy.

zns

Reaction score
Just hope that you're doing okay. How have you been making out so far?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sorry Zns, i wish i had some good news to report to everyone. I can't. Again, things are getting worse instead of better and i've got some very scary deadlines looming.

UPDATED LIST - Probably won't have time to post everything new before i have to go out for something but will finish with the updates later tonight - items new to this update marked with a (*). PM me or email dw_m@webtv.net if you're interested in any of the following.

Books:

- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Jim Henson The Works

Muppet Magazine:
(*)- Summer 1985 - Kermit Greensteen Summer in the USA
(*)- Spring 1986 - Muppet Awards (two copies)
(*)- Summer 1986 - Labyrinth/Jennifer Connelly

- What Do Doozers Do?
- All three issues of Archaia's Fraggle Rock comic plus the Free Comic Book Day issue

- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper

- The Puppetry Journal Winter 2005 - A Master Class at Studio Roser cover story (Puppeteers of America magazine)
(*)- Puppetry Journal Spring 2005 - Strings film cover
(*)- Puppetry Journal Fall 2005 - Celebrating 50 Years of The Muppets cover story; includes one of Jerry Juhl's last interviews

Videotapes:

- Muppet Classic Theatre

DVDs:

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Best of TMS: Alice Cooper/Vincent Price (includes song cut from TMS Season 1)/Marty Feldman

- Kermit's Swamp Years

Miscellaneous:

(*)- Muppet Babies pilot Noisy Neighbors script (missing last page) autographed by Jeffrey Scott

(*)- TMS Valerie Harper script/transcript

(*)- Labyrinth script

- Large video collection of Henson/Muppet items (url to tape trade page available upon request)

- the original Muppet Monopoly (slight water damage to the bottom of the box from when my apartment was flooded)

- small Kermit plush - don't know manufacturer since tag is removed, but it was the one they were giving out as trivia prizes at MuppetFest

(*)- Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit program
(*)- Jim Henson's Fantastic World Mesa AZ oversized-postcard-style flyer personally autographed by Fran Brill (and Zoe), Dave Goelz (and Gonzo), and Karen Falk

(*)- Letter from Jeff Marx and Bobby Lopez (before they were famous via Avenue Q) dated 7-15-99 describing their unsuccessful attempts to sell their script for Kermit, Prince of Denmark and asking for my critique/feedback. Second page is an outline of KPoD story and song list. Autographed (i.e. signed by) Jeff Marx

- The "cream of the crop" of my collection is a sheet of Muppet stationary (unofficial fan art border by Chris Smigliano) chockful of autographs from a whole slew of Muppeteers and crew members from the set of Muppets From Space (including Brian Henson and Frank Oz). This was given to me as a special gift so due to both the inherent value and the sentimental value, i will only sell it for a high price. (Yes, i'm that desperate to get rid of the #1 thing i never thought i'd sell if the asking price is right!)

Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (glasses are broken off - they stay in place for me fine displayed on my shelf but you may wish to fix with glue)
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Lew Zealand
- Zoot
- Sam Arrow (bottom half broke off due to fall off shelf, snaps back together and stays in place for shelf display but you may wish to glue together)
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:

- Kermit as Bob Cratchit with Robin the Frog as Tiny Tim / Statler as Jacob Marley / Two ice skating Penguins

- Fozzie Bear as Fozziwig / Waldorf as Robert Marley / Ghost of Christmas Present

Also:
- Jack in the Box kids meal figures: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Chef

- Kermit on a log playing banjo with banner saying "50th anniversary" with button that plays Rainbow Connection when pressed. Can be used as either a stand alone shelf display item or has a small hook to hang as Christmas tree ornament

- The Muppet Show (UK version with gatefold sleeve, different back cover and extra tracks)

- Born to Add
- The Best of Big Bird
- The Sesame Street Record (pen marks on front cover, paper peels on back cover)
- Monsters!
- Sleepytime Bird

-----------------
CD's:

-Kermit Unpigged
-Muppet Hits Take 2 (crack on underside which doesn't affect playability or sound quality and cover personally autographed by Jerry Juhl)

..and as a reminder as per non Muppet/Henson stuff includes a large collection of Simpsons Comic Books, Alpha Flight comics (from volumes 1, 2, and 3) though many of these were water damaged from the SECOND(!) time my apartment was flooded, a large collection of old issues of The Advocate, Out, Genre, and Echo Magazines, not-as-old but still not all that recent issues of The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, and The American Prospect, most issues of Wrapped In Plastic (a Twin Peaks/David Lynch fanzine which also included quite a bit of X-Files content because of David Duchovny's involvement), lots of Archie comics (comic books and digests), several Doonesbury books, a huge collection of One Life to Live episodes (mostly from 2003-present but also some older stuff), and a large collection of mostly 80s cds and vinyl albums, 7" and 12" singles (including pretty much anything/everything Pet Shop Boys and Eurythmics/Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart related), various collection books of comic strips.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can't watch the other seasons without season 3 of Farscape (my Mom wants to see the eps in order, LOL) ... sooo ... if you still have it, compensation will arrive in your mailbox shortly. It was mailed as of today.

zns

Reaction score
At what point do you think you'll be able to start making shipments? I certainly hope that you'll find something very soon. We love you D.W.

zns

Reaction score
Sorry Zns, i wish i had some good news to report to everyone. I can't. Again, things are getting worse instead of better and i've got some very scary deadlines looming.

UPDATED LIST - Probably won't have time to post everything new before i have to go out for something but will finish with the updates later tonight - items new to this update marked with a (*). PM me or email dw_m@webtv.net if you're interested in any of the following.

Books:

- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Jim Henson The Works

Muppet Magazine:
(*)- Summer 1985 - Kermit Greensteen Summer in the USA
(*)- Spring 1986 - Muppet Awards (two copies)
(*)- Summer 1986 - Labyrinth/Jennifer Connelly

- What Do Doozers Do?

- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper

(*)- Puppetry Journal Spring 2005 - Strings film cover
(*)- Puppetry Journal Fall 2005 - Celebrating 50 Years of The Muppets cover story; includes one of Jerry Juhl's last interviews

Videotapes:

- Muppet Classic Theatre

DVDs:

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Kermit's Swamp Years

Miscellaneous:

(*)- Muppet Babies pilot Noisy Neighbors script (missing last page) autographed by Jeffrey Scott

(*)- TMS Valerie Harper script/transcript

(*)- Labyrinth script

(*)- Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit program
(*)- Jim Henson's Fantastic World Mesa AZ oversized-postcard-style flyer personally autographed by Fran Brill (and Zoe), Dave Goelz (and Gonzo), and Karen Falk

(*)- Letter from Jeff Marx and Bobby Lopez (before they were famous via Avenue Q) dated 7-15-99 describing their unsuccessful attempts to sell their script for Kermit, Prince of Denmark and asking for my critique/feedback. Second page is an outline of KPoD story and song list. Autographed (i.e. signed by) Jeff Marx

Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Lew Zealand
- Zoot
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:

Also:

- Born to Add
- The Best of Big Bird
- Monsters!
- Sleepytime Bird

-----------------
CD's:

-Kermit Unpigged

Sent you an email last night. Send me a message when you get the chance.