Email from Bernie Labarge

Princeton

Reaction score
I recently sent a fan email to Bernie Labarge (the lead guitarist on all Fraggle Rock recording sessions) asking if he had any special memories of working on the show and I thought you would all like to hear his response:
"Hi Brian,
Very nice to hear from a Fraggle fan.
I was just breaking into the Toronto session scene in the early '80s, and through my extensive work with Jack Richardson and his engineer David Greene, my name got put into the hat to audition for Fraggle Rock. My knees were shaking as I walked into the studio full of the top session guys in the city. Fortunately I was good friends with Bob McLaren (drummer) and he introduced me to everyone, and they were all very welcoming. The song that will always stick in my head is the theme song. That was my "audition". Mike Francis and I worked out the harmony guitar parts, and think the lick that got me the gig was the little " woo woo" lick between verses which I made up for an overdub.
I looked forward to every Fraggle session, and every song became my favourite as I watched them come to life, all the while knowing that people in 80 countries would be listening to them. It was a life-changing experience, and one which I will fondly recall until my final day. Cheers!

Bernie 😊 "