Eisner Nears Muppet Rescue

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by aaron likes rowlf
they signed an agreement not a letter of intent this will happen
Actually it could still fall thru. The shareholders of EMTV have to approve the sale. So its not a done deal, but the odds of them shooting down the sale are next to nothing.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jrobert
Not really. First of all, we ALL know that a bid or an announcement doesn't mean anything anymore, we've seen it too many times in the past year.

Secondly, this is a discussion forum. We're here to discuss. :smile: And voice our opinions.

....So, your saying Disnet STILL has a chance????:smirk: :smirk: :eek:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppets1985
....So, your saying Disnet STILL has a chance????:smirk: :smirk: :eek:
It's pretty much a done deal. All that is left to happen is EMTV's stock holders voting to approve the sale. The odds of them shooting it down are nill, but their is a slim slim slim slim chance.

So basically you can forget about Kermit being part of the house of mouse.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
(And I was writing this message while Radionate was posting his.)

OK. The Henson Family have reached a definitive agreement to buy the Henson Company. So right now, they're buying the Muppets and the Creature Shop and everything else.

Now, if for some reason, the deal fell through, much like Dean Valentine's deal did, then Henson would still be on the market. EM.TV could still look at offers from Disney, Classic Media, whoever.

Understand? I want Disney to buy them too, but luckily this is an announcement of the Henson Family buying them, so this is the 2nd best choice for me. Knowing that it's Henson's heirs and not Disney's rivals (or Sesame Workshop, c'mon people).

So, in the time between now and when this deal officially closes, we're gonna have to try our best to move on. If Henson strikes other strategic partnerships or, down the line, sell the company again, then feel free to get p*ssed. But for right now, let's just grip our teeth and smile.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
GASP!!! Don't jinx it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okayyyyyy!:big_grin: .....

Disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney disney Disney!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha :halo: :smirk: :excited: :crazy:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
We don't need to close this thread, just change the name! LOL "Eisner trys to capture the Muppets but his plans are fumbled and the Muppets are rescued by their RIGHTFUL owners!!!":smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, and the whole, THE WHOLE mountain blows SKY HIGH!!!HAHAHAH!Dog.:zany: :crazy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HENSON IS GETTING THE MUPPETS BACK!!! YAYAAYAYAYYYAAAYYY!!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
We don't need to close this thread, just change the name! LOL "Eisner trys to capture the Muppets but his plans are fumbled and the Muppets are rescued by their RIGHTFUL owners!!!":smile:
Rightful owners, but are they the right owners? We'll see.

The whole thing's sorta sweet and symbolic, but I still want Diz to buy them. Well hopefully, God willing, I'll stop caring (as much). Wish me luck!