Eisner Nears Muppet Rescue

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think they look exactly like Muppet characters and really don't see any copyright infringement. The show would have lost favor on it's own. If anything Henson should have sued Between the Lions, but they have many personal connections with performers and desingers. I could definitely tell the difference between Wimzie and the Muppets. I don't like lawsuits of this sort. I think it's very heavy-handed. Neither party invented felt and puppetry. The whole thing kind of leaves a bad taste. :smirk:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I agree. If the puppets resembled a certain character, I'd be concerned. But just because it's a good-looking character, I don't think they have the right to do that. I hope I create puppets half as good as the Muppets, the PBS characters, and yes, even the Crank Yankers.

Originally posted by somethingofafan
Yawn...Wake me up when one or the other of them quits talking about it and actually BUYS the company...:sleep:
And once someone actually BUYS the company, lay me to rest. I've gotten tired of the whole thing.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
I feel if disney gets the Muppets we will get junk like Animal jam on the air all the time.
Hey, as long as it's the "geniuses" of Henson and not the "suits" of Disney making the junk, they'd still have their creative freedom, wouldn't they?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i don't think Whimzies are that copyright infringing too maybe it's the technical side that was copied.

As for the 'geniuses' of Henson - who's to say they would still get jobs if Disney bought the Muppets ? Once they are bought, Diz can have anyone working and anything broadcast under the Henson banner.

Jrobert

Reaction score
Boyraisin,

Well, I think they should take the middle of the road for what you said.

Best case scenario would be the Henson people doing the creative work and making Muppet stuff what they should be. But Disney (or a successful big company like them) should be the ones that really take the material to the next level. Basically because they can, they have the partners, the money, etc, etc, etc.

A good partnership like that is what the Muppets need.

I almost hope that the Henson family sees this too in their potential buyout. Or that Disney does something because I don't want to see the Muppets continue to wither under mismanagement or no resources.

Aaron

Reaction score
this topic should be closed we know now jhc owns the muppets

Jrobert

Reaction score
Not really. First of all, we ALL know that a bid or an announcement doesn't mean anything anymore, we've seen it too many times in the past year.

Secondly, this is a discussion forum. We're here to discuss. :smile: And voice our opinions.

Aaron

Reaction score
they signed an agreement not a letter of intent this will happen

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I don't think they look exactly like Muppet characters and really don't see any copyright infringement. The show would have lost favor on it's own. If anything Henson should have sued Between the Lions, but they have many personal connections with performers and desingers. I could definitely tell the difference between Wimzie and the Muppets. I don't like lawsuits of this sort. I think it's very heavy-handed. Neither party invented felt and puppetry. The whole thing kind of leaves a bad taste. :smirk:
And of course, Between the Lions was Muppet Worthy. Story, Puppeteering, AND desging wise.

The Puppeteering on Wimsie was bear bottom GHASTLY. They were too fast and shakey.. unbeleavable characters.. the whole show was the worst thing I saw since Barney!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jrobert
Well, I think they should take the middle of the road for what you said.

Best case scenario would be the Henson people doing the creative work and making Muppet stuff what they should be. But Disney (or a successful big company like them) should be the ones that really take the material to the next level. Basically because they can, they have the partners, the money, etc, etc, etc.
Yeah, my previous comment was sort of a note of sarcasm. But I wished for the middle of the road (under Disney ownership of course).

Interesting day, and I've only been up half-an-hour.