Eisner Nears Muppet Rescue

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppets1985
How much dad they say Classic Media is willing to pay? and Disney??!!
The rumor is that both are willing to pay 70 to 80 million dollars. It could raise to 100 million - however don't expect Disney to bid above that as Mike Eisner has pretty much already ruled that out himself when he spoke in front of the shareholders. He would never go back on that, it'd look very bad !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Classic Media really scares me. They seem more interested in the aquisition of the Muppet property instead of creating new projects. I just don't like it. Disney would be better than that.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i agree, i think things would be just as much uncertain with Classic Media as with Disney. Although Disney owning them scares me and i see things as far from straightforward and plain sailing, i do think the power and resources they have make them the best choice if anything significant is to really come off the Muppets over the next ten years, even if it's not done in quite the way the fans might like.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think Classic Media has much more uncertainty attached to it.:eek:

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Yawn...Wake me up when one or the other of them quits talking about it and actually BUYS the company...:sleep:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I feel if disney gets the Muppets we will get junk like Animal jam on the air all the time.

oh and about wild tic tac flavors, i saw mint Pez the other day! Yuck! not Pez! well i guess it would be better then Pez popcorn!!!

Hahaha Wimzie's House! Henson sued the pants off them didn't they? I still remember that theme song!

" Wake up in the morning, get out of bed! Grandmas in the kicthen baking bread! at Wimzie's House! At Wimzie's House!"

Okay, that's all i remember, it was really dumb.

Zack):sing: There's a law suit at Wimzie's House! At Wimzie's House!Dog.:smile:

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I remember Wimzies House. Man that was a corny show. They sorta looked like Fraggles didn't they? Well, I just want to say NEVER MIND to my previous post on page 1. I hope Disney Doesn't get The Muppets, and If they do I'm gonna be Pi**ed!!!

Jake

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They look like the Muppets' backwood cousins. :eek:

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the Wimzie's house that I remember. Idon't blame Henson for suing them, because they look exactly like Muppet Characters. I wonder how much Henson got for suing them?

Jake