Eisner Nears Muppet Rescue

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
YES! And it's been like that for the two year we have been reading articals like this...Like I said before Eisner seems like he's just in his office, spinging around in his big cozy chair, chewing on a Mickey Mouse pencil toper!:rolleyes:
And relaxing to the sounds of the Dark Crystal soundtrack.

Remember, he's "obsessed."

danielromens

Reaction score
I'd like Eisner to sit on his pencil, this will be a dark day for the Muppets. Say hello to kiddiedom folks. Lost in the Disney Guantlet like so many other aquisitions.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Really? Do tell. I never heard of that. Never liked Wimzie's House because I kept thinking, "Not the Muppets!"
What the heck was Wimzie's House?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not to mention how impersonal Disney is. At least JHC will deliver personal letters (for the most part). They just responded to an email at the History of Mahna Mahna thread and offered up detailed information--much more than other companies would have done.

I don't think Disney is very "Hensonesque" in how it works, and if they get JHC we can certainly count on things becoming too sugar-coated, over-protected, and unreceptive.

Go Classic Media!! GO!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
What the heck was Wimzie's House?
It was a lame puppet show with bad voice acting. leave it at that!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by danielromens
Say hello to kiddiedom folks. Lost in the Disney Guantlet like so many other aquisitions.
And you want Classic, owner of Casper (if they ever use him and their other characters), and Sesame, who, despite producing the precious "Sesame Street," is still a producer of preschool shows like Sesame, DragonTales, and whatever else? No one defines "kiddiedom," especially the preschool/baby crowd like Sesame Workshop. Of course, they are an educational company.

And even if the bid were successful, Classic, IF things haven't changed, only wants a half-stake in Henson. I'm uncomfortable about seeing Henson in some corporate three-way of EM.TV, Classic, and the Sesame Workshop. A German corporate disaster, a licenser, and a private preschool junkie.

But, :rolleyes:, we'll see what happens.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
they just stepped out of the office for tic-tacs !"

what loser steps out for tic tacs....

Sarah

i mean gum I can see but tic tacs.....

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
i mean gum I can see but tic tacs.....
Oh i don't know, you can get some groovy flavor tic tacs nowdays, but gum works for me. I like grape, watermellon or cinamon.

As for Classic Media, i think the Sesame Worshop/Sony part of it may mean they are bidding for full ownership but don't quote me on that. I think this one has legs too - Disney is all powerful with the money so maybe they would outbid, but if EMTV need the money and the problem they have with Diz is unsolvable then it might be this Classic Media one that wins.

It's interesting, first of all Classic Media just wanted a half share and to more or less just do the brand licensing thing - but with the video distributor still on board AND a puppetry company in SW then they pretty much have the ingredients to run the entire JHC well and not too differently than it is now. What they probably don't have is much in the way of future plans and the money to then fund them from there.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Oh i don't know, you can get some groovy flavor tic tacs nowdays, but gum works for me. I like grape, watermellon or cinamon.

As for Classic Media, i think the Sesame Worshop/Sony part of it may mean they are bidding for full ownership but don't quote me on that. I think this one has legs too - Disney is all powerful with the money so maybe they would outbid, but if EMTV need the money and the problem they have with Diz is unsolvable then it might be this Classic Media one that wins.

It's interesting, first of all Classic Media just wanted a half share and to more or less just do the brand licensing thing - but with the video distributor still on board AND a puppetry company in SW then they pretty much have the ingredients to run the entire JHC well and not too differently than it is now. What they probably don't have is much in the way of future plans and the money to then fund them from there.

WOW luke!! u know alot, dude! lol. but n e wayz How much dad they say Classic Media is willing to pay? and Disney??!! I don't gang, Disney COULD win this one....but i could be wrong! Jey i can dream can't i? lol :big_grin: :big_grin: :embarrassed: Go MICKEY!!!!!!:excited: