Eight Balls of Fur puppet

Furbelle

Reaction score
Hi all. Been a while since I've posted here, just had to stop work on my puppet projects to take care of some other things, health issues, etc. I'm back to work on it tho, and have made a first test of my furballs in action. Theres still alot I need to change, like the glowing 8 lights. I may do them a little differently, I dunno. And the stage for the furballs needs to look more uniform. Also, its my first time doing anything with green screen, and the furballs go out of frame from time to time while they dance. But hey, not bad overall for the first test. Now in this I only have four furballs, next test will have all eight. I hope you guys like and if you have suggestions, let me know!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi all. Been a while since I've posted here, just had to stop work on my puppet projects to take care of some other things, health issues, etc. I'm back to work on it tho, and have made a first test of my furballs in action. Theres still alot I need to change, like the glowing 8 lights. I may do them a little differently, I dunno. And the stage for the furballs needs to look more uniform. Also, its my first time doing anything with green screen, and the furballs go out of frame from time to time while they dance. But hey, not bad overall for the first test. Now in this I only have four furballs, next test will have all eight. I hope you guys like and if you have suggestions, let me know!
Hope your health issues are getting better.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Thanks. I do feel much better. I had really bad flu. What did you think of my test with the furballs?
I thought your test was very good, but here's a suggestion for you. Can the eight's be in color next time?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
OK, a new shot of four of the finished furballs, without legs so far. These are all done with Lion brand yarn for fur, and they measure around 8" in diameter. I really like how they came out, I like the shagginess of the fur as opposed to the first one I made. I did a shot of them with some 8's in the background, just to give a better idea of what the finished product may look like. Hope you guys like them! Let me know!
That's amazing, I've never seen anyone else make puppets of characters this obscure. The 8 Balls of Fur has been one of my favorite SS segments since I was a little kid

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Great video. Do you plan on making a Little Chrisy puppet?

Furbelle

Reaction score
That's amazing, I've never seen anyone else make puppets of characters this obscure. The 8 Balls of Fur has been one of my favorite SS segments since I was a little kid
Thank you so much! I've always loved Eight Balls of Fur, its just a combination of the music, Chrissy destroying the piano, and the furballs dancing like crazy. Just a great song, great parody.

Great video. Do you plan on making a Little Chrisy puppet?
I do! I've been away from the project for a little while, doing other things, but I'll come back to it in the future. I drew up a design for a Chrissy puppet, and even a design for the piano.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I've always loved Eight Balls of Fur, its just a combination of the music, Chrissy destroying the piano, and the furballs dancing like crazy. Just a great song, great parody.

I do! I've been away from the project for a little while, doing other things, but I'll come back to it in the future. I drew up a design for a Chrissy puppet, and even a design for the piano.
You should check out my Muppet replica thread http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/my-muppet-replicas.64191/