eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know this is getting completely off-topic, but what Disney cels do you have? I have a pretty big collection.

:stick_out_tongue:
A Roger Rabbit, a Jessica Rabbit, a Baby Herman, a Chuck Jones signed Bugs Bunny from a vitamin commercial, a Tito from Oliver & Company, a Dodger from Oliver & Company along with 2 Bambi Lithographs signed by Frank & Ollie, and a classic Donald Duck comic strip from 1965.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I always wanted a cartoon cell, but never got around to getting one. They are pretty awesome for being rare and unique. I am not sure which one I would get if I had the chance. I saw them once in a collecters store and I wished that I would have got one then. I would love to have a Disney one in the future.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
To continue the off-topic discussion, I remember going to Disneyland as a kid and visiting a shop in the basement of Cinderella's Castle. They had a large bin off in a corner full of authentic cells from the productions of The Rescuers and some of the Winnie The Pooh shorts for – get this – $35 each! I've always been an artist but, being on an expensive vacation, my parents wouldn't let me get any at the time (I think I was about 7 or 8). Needless to say, we all really regret it now!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
To continue the off-topic discussion, I remember going to Disneyland as a kid and visiting a shop in the basement of Cinderella's Castle. They had a large bin off in a corner full of authentic cells from the productions of The Rescuers and some of the Winnie The Pooh shorts for – get this – $35 each! I've always been an artist but, being on an expensive vacation, my parents wouldn't let me get any at the time (I think I was about 7 or 8). Needless to say, we all really regret it now!
I'll go you one better... but only because I'm older. I visited Disneyland in 1961 with my family and they had a store called the Art Corner where they had the same bins of cels that you talked about, only from older productions. I got a Donald Duck from "The Litterbug". My sister got a Ludwig Von Drake cel and she also got a hand inked cel from "Sleeping Beauty". The price?

[SCROLL DOWN]

$2 each!

I wish I had bought 100 of them!

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
If u do the pound to dollar conversion and then take off the import tax and a bit for the distributors cut then you do come to around $450 or thereabouts. So its not wildly different - the main increase really is in the international distributor. If they manage to get it down to $400 then good on them - i expect that is extrememly hard with the current economic situation and we've been saying ever since Master Replicas we would rather have them not cut corners - its a difficult situation as now people are starting to at least get a basic idea of the cost they aren't so sure - i think as long as retailers understand these kind of items are a long term sell they should be ok. They were always way too quick to discount Master Replicas.

I expect these will get slight reductions and be on sales and things like that eventually with those who buy cases or whatever as they have to sell them through somehow but i do see the point that they are going to be hesitant in how much they order at this level and that eFX themselves will probably only have in-house what they have pre-orders for so i agree if any do get discounted there will never be many, certainly not how it went with Master Replicas.
There is a strong chance that it could come down to $400, maybe even slightly under, if the factory quotes come back what they are expected to be.The final quote was suppose to have come back last Friday.Maybe it didnt.

Luke

Reaction score
Any UK'ers looking for Rizzo a bit cheaper - Play.com - Code PlayHeat09 might give you 10% off (over £34 saving), havent tried it myself but saw it mentioned on another site.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Just wanted to say wow, I can't wait to hear the price for Rizzo. With all the talk concerning individual budgets and household economies. Who wants to speculate what Fozzie will be, heck Piggy for that matter. I'd say 1000 & 1300 respectfully. Think about it. Piggy's gloves and dresses all individually made, shoes, necklaces, plus her sheer size. WOW. She's gonna be huge. I'd say as large as Fozzie?

KK

muppetperson

Reaction score
The factory did send the price through, although it has raised some questions about what is included, so communication is continuing.Pre order will be very soon.I am hoping for mid December, which would make my day, as it is also my birthday!