eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Ignohippo

Reaction score
amen KK.

Is anyone else here seriously ****** that we were supposedly sold completely accurate, made from the patterns, Muppet replicas only to find out now that they weren't ever designed accurately from the beginning?

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Against a fear that this turn could be looked as negative talk. I think because i bought mine on the secondary market. I am not as upset. but wish we did know that at that time, especially even for the price I paid. But at least Animal and Gonzo were made to scale. When I look at them I don't ever see the inacuracies. But I do know where your coming from. I think someone else would be better to repsond to this.

KK

muppetperson

Reaction score
amen KK.

Is anyone else here seriously ****** that we were supposedly sold completely accurate, made from the patterns, Muppet replicas only to find out now that they weren't ever designed accurately from the beginning?
Yes, it is very important.Luckily, it was only kermit that wasnt the correct size.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
amen KK.

It is sad to hear such a bad thing, but so true about the scale. I don't know why they would say that or stand by it. Kinda depressing to know that we believed this at one time and to find out something different later on after the company no longer exist.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I know it was said that Gonzo and Animal photo-protos were made to scale. Is that the same with Fozzie? Just wondering after seeing my Avatar how much bigger kermit's head/ body would look in that photo. Guys think about where we were a year ago! Im actually quite surprised that eFX didn't go with Fozzie first as there were so many ready upfront to buy and already had some numbers as far as the polls here. Can only imagine what they will go through matching Fozzie's fur! We're pulling for eFX! Thank you guys over there for continuing the line with more quality and accuracy! We all kinda thought our desire to have more characters was, dead in the swamp, to put it mildly.

Kevin

PS I think it's also safe to say we would end up getting Fozzie's aht as well!
Only a Fozzie prototype(s) was made by Terry Angus.Terry made all his prototypes to size, including Kermit.It was the factory that stuffed up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
amen KK.

The MR prototypes were accurately and painstakingly created by Terry Angus as reported, but the manufacturing process caused some compromises to be made on the actual product.

There are many reasons for this, but man - as much as I was upset by a few particular decisions - not for a moment have I ever been "seriously ***ed" about anything! :confused:

Good Frog! It's a minor miracle these things were green lighted for production in the first place. Manufacturing a Muppet poser in an assembly line process (no matter how limited) will inherently result in compromises somewhere. It's totally new territory! There's been a learning curve with this line that will benefit EFX. I'm interested in seeing how they will solve some of these issues from prototype to manufacturing to price.

Bottom line. Any Muppet fan knows that a 100% authentic Muppet poser would cost several thousand dollars! Also, without Terry's pitch there would be no posers!

Barber

Reaction score
Aww, it really saddens me to hear people complain about the Gonzo and Animal replicas. I don't have Kermit, but the other two are fantastic. Anyone who sees them falls in love. I'm not sure what people expect when they buy replicas, but 100%-accurate ones are impossible for anything.

I'm sure it's been said before; you can't use the same materials on a collectible as you'd use on a movie prop. A prop only needs to last as long as the shoot. I'd rather a meshy Gonzo nose than one that's going to deteriorate years down the road. I appreciate those kinds of changes!

I don't mind people passing on them though. I'm sure eFX will have low LEs on Rizzo and whomever else they make, so it'll heighten my chances of getting one. WOOT!

I can't wait to see how they dress Piggy! Do you guys expect classic or modern? I really hope for a modern Piggy, doubtful as that is.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Aww, it really saddens me to hear people complain about the Gonzo and Animal replicas. I don't have Kermit, but the other two are fantastic. Anyone who sees them falls in love. I'm not sure what people expect when they buy replicas, but 100%-accurate ones are impossible for anything.

I'm sure it's been said before; you can't use the same materials on a collectible as you'd use on a movie prop. A prop only needs to last as long as the shoot. I'd rather a meshy Gonzo nose than one that's going to deteriorate years down the road. I appreciate those kinds of changes!

I don't mind people passing on them though. I'm sure eFX will have low LEs on Rizzo and whomever else they make, so it'll heighten my chances of getting one. WOOT!

I can't wait to see how they dress Piggy! Do you guys expect classic or modern? I really hope for a modern Piggy, doubtful as that is.
Your modern Piggy hopes might not be as doubtful as you think!:wink:

Taylor

Reaction score
Second that, I want a classic piggy, not the street walker they show her as these days. lets start a poll for which piggy we prefer.