Early Reports: Looks like Muppets will be #2 (next to Twilight)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree Beaker. Also if it got a summer release it would be getting a DVD release around now. It would have had great holiday sales.
It's too soon, we want it to stay in theaters a bit longer, we eant it to be successful

Avilos

Reaction score
Well I don't mean a DVD release right now, only if it HAD gotten a summer release. Most summer 2011 movies are already out on DVD. WIth this chosen schedule it will likely be out on DVD in February or March. Not a peek gift buying season.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Hate to disagree, but summer would eat this film alive. The only prime place would've been when the Smurfs came out and... well... the Smurfs came out then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hate to disagree, but summer would eat this film alive. The only prime place would've been when the Smurfs came out and... well... the Smurfs came out then.
A Muppet start up movie would have been creamed in the Summer. There was one big kid friendly blockbuster a month, and at least 2 or 3 a month of action films. Look at how depressing Pooh did. #4 and sank... and Pooh was marketed over Mickey and Goofy for the longest time. There's no rational reason why Smurfs did good, but I don't see the Muppets (at least with a relaunch movie) sticking their heads out of a mess of action films and CGI kiddy flicks. Even though this run proved that they did better than some weak CGI competition.