DVD "Special Edition" Question

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
grail said:
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy that "Collector's Edition" copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail that comes with the leatherbound slipcase and book.
Bye bye, money.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Grailus! Haven't ran into you in ages. I think I've changed screennames a few times since we talked last (and stopped going to BuzzChamber...sorry man, just wasn't my cuppa tea..). I'll email you in a second.

As for geeks eating up the collection material up, I must say, I have a well-worn bib. This would be the reason I own Cowboy Bebop: Best Sessions. I own Perfect Sessions (ie, every episode of the show, plus a lovely 6-DVD accommodating CB-decorated box)...WHY IN GODS NAME DO I HAVE A BEST OF DVD?! I guess its the same reason why, if they re-released Cowboy Bebop: The Movie in a non-Special Edition version, I'd be counting down the days until the release date.

Its the same reason I have Covers A, B, and C of Junkbotz: Rotogin Issue #1, and spent $74.00 on 30 Days of Night #1 in first print: When I collect something I like, I COLLECT.

$250.00 on every issue of Astonishing Tales...jeeze, what a loser...

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
You want to know what's sad? I just plopped down $11 for a "Stealth Armor" Batman...one of the VARIANTS!! And why? Because It was the first of the new Mattel figures I've seen so far. I MUST own a Zipline Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Joker...but this one's groovy enough to keep me going.

Oof...collecting is hard work.

FozzieBear

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
just curious....do you keep them in the shrink wrap and display them and stuff? so do you have to buy two? just curious
No way, DVD's are meant to be watched, so I always open them. I used to buy 2 - 3 a week, depending on how much of the money I had, but now its usually just the ones I am after really. Roger Rabbit is coming out in Australia next week, and I can wait!!! :smile: :smile:

FozzieBear (Luke)

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have the Roger Rabbit one and its cool. I have a friend who's getting all the seasons of the Trasformers and still has vol's of the Trasformers that came out in the 90's. Like if they were make Big Bird in China on DvD Speical Edition I would buy it even tho I have the video verison. I did have MTI but record over it even tho it was the orginy video because I'll have the DVD. Thats the only time i don't buy video and DVD. Like when Sesame Street came out w/ DVD Christmas Eve thats because the DVD didn't have anything speical on it. But when I bought MFC on DVD I thought it had some sence missing because of the leanth. ****** me off. Loved it when it would come on TV but at the time didn't have a vcr in the living room or I would have record it.

-Kyle

grail

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I have a friend who's getting all the seasons of the Trasformers and still has vol's of the Trasformers that came out in the 90's.
Wanna know how big a geek I am? I'm ON the Transformers season 2 part 1 dvd. In the BotCon bits on disc 4, I show up a couple times...and when they're interviewing Pat Lee, you can hear me talking in the background (to Simon Furman...heh) because I'm loud, and was just to Pat's right.