Dust cover advice.

Reaction score
I have a copy of Of Muppets and Men that I keep on display next to my Kermit in my room. My problem is, the dust cover curls at the top and bottom, making it look very untidy, and also has a high risk of tearing.

Is there anything anyone can recommend to fix this problem? I considered using some double sided tape to tape some thin card underneath the front of the dust cover to keep it flat, but I don't know if that's a good idea. I love having the book, and I'd like to keep it looking as nice as possible.

If I haven't explained well, this is what I mean:

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/Son-Cal/?action=view&current=BILD0394.jpg

muppetperson

Reaction score
Maybe you could cover the book in a thin plastic.Not contact paper, I think there is special roll of clear plastic/vinyl that you can buy.When you tape the corners inside the cover, do it so that you are only taping the plastic sheet and not taping the book.The plastic should hold down the curling.Another idea is to get an Acylic box cover made for it that slides down to keep the dust off.

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Muppetperson.

By the way, do you know at what sort of places you get that contact paper, and how expensive it it?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Do NOT use contact paper.Once it starts coming unstuck, it will damage your book.I am refering to clear plastic non adhesive sheets.Here is a link to what I mean.
www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Durable-Plastic-Book-Cover
I imagine you could get the plastic from somewhere like Office works or a stationary place.Sometimes you can buy it in sheets or sometimes it is in a roll.I dont think it would be too expensive.

Reaction score
Haha, whoops... I got what you meant... I have no idea why I wrote contact paper. :embarrassed:

Thanks for that site!... it seems like it could be just what I need.