DragonCon 2015

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I deeply regret reading the schedule. Why on earth was I born on the other side of the planet when all the awesome stuff is happening in Atlanta? Life can be cruel sometimes....

theSHE124

Reaction score
You're not the only one, JimFrank. I'm not even sure if I'll go this year. My older sister's living a new marriage life, & I don't know of anyone else I trust that has the time. What's the point of going at it alone when you have no one special to share with? :cry:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I hope someone asked Debbie McClellan about the Muppet Show Season 4 and 5 DVDs...

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I hope someone asked Debbie McClellan about the Muppet Show Season 4 and 5 DVDs...
She said that not only the music rights have to be cleared but, the musicians who are still alive have to be paid too. I only saw one panel with Steve, so did anyone ask Steve if he's not doing Ernie anymore? Here's some video of the panel with Steve that I was at:

Last edited:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
She said that not only the music rights have to be cleared but, the musicians who are still alive have to be paid too.
I thought so.

I hope that she reassured everyone that the company knows that the entire world wants the remaining Muppet Show seasons on DVD (as well as other old school Muppet material like the complete Muppets Tonight series, the Tales from Muppetland specials, etc.) and that they're still working on them.

It also would've been nice if any of the panel attendees had asked Steve about the Flanderizations of Kermit, Piggy and their relationship and reassuring everyone that they're working to undo the Flanderizations and bring their original complexities back.

Iscah

Reaction score
I deeply regret reading the schedule. Why on earth was I born on the other side of the planet when all the awesome stuff is happening in Atlanta? Life can be cruel sometimes....
I'm hoping that the success of the new show will make one of the Australian cons want to host some Muppet guests. Fingers crossed.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
It really was an incredible event. Kermit was a huge surprise, especially in the first panel that Steve brought him out for. There was an audible gasp from the crowd, and everything became ELECTRIC! I jumped the microphone during question time because it was right next to me and I wanted to make sure to talk to Kermit. I ended up asking him whether it had gotten any easier over the years being green. Kermit said he'd been in a support group for it, and it had gotten easier--at least for him. Funny answer, but really all I was thinking was I TALKED TO KERMIT! Steve was so great during all four of his panels, and Caroll and his wife were lovely and amazing as well. All of the puppetry track guests, including Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Tyler Bunch, and Pam Arciero, were fantastic, funny, and generous with their time. Amazing weekend!