Dr. Teeth repaint: ebay report...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The nose is not supposed to fall off. It is a separate molded piece so that it looks right, but it is supposed to be glued in. Sometimes you get an item that slips out of the factory and has a small defect, like what you experienced, a nose falling off because of glue failure or something. Here are your options:

1. Return the item to Palisades. We will replace it FOC.
2. Apply a single dab of Crazy Glue or Fix-It, a strong bonder, to the small square (you've seen it...where the nose plugs in) and place the nose back in and allow it to dry for a few minutes.
3. Decide defective nose is new "Variant Play Feature", re-sell on e-bay for thirty times what you paid.

Seriously, if you try the glue that will fix it right up but if you don't feel like doing that send it to us and we'll take care of you.

Thanks,
Ken

kane31666

Reaction score
Option Three, is something that we've seen a lot of over the years.

Luke

Reaction score
Could this be a breakthrough in the new Michael Jackson action figure line ? :smile:

FER SURE

Reaction score
So its not really that big of a deal. His nose stays in when he is just standing there. The "incident" happened when he accidentaly got knocked off the table. I freaked out at first but when I saw his nose was a seperate piece it was all ok. I actually find it funny I mean come on, how muppety is that.:smile:

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

3. Decide defective nose is new "Variant Play Feature", re-sell on e-bay for thirty times what you paid.
(doing my best Pops impression)

POPS: Very popular choice!

MM-III

Reaction score
Well, clearly my predictions about the price of dr. teeth were way off...

a lucky bidder scored the best deal for a teeth so far by nabbing one for $26.20

That beats the previous lowest price by nearly ten dollars. Despite an eroding supply of figures, prices continue to plummet.

Was it merely a fluke? Or is the market for dr. teeth buyers oversaturated with product? It makes a strong case for the wait and see method of bidding. It also takes away my bragging rights to scoring the lowest price for a teeth figure on ebay :-(

Oh well...

Beaker 78

Reaction score
Dr Teeth

I saw that auction but the card was not mint. I keep most of my figures on mint cards. It's a great price though.

Kelly

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
MM-III is definitely right about the price bottoming out on these. With only 400 or so of these out there, I think you can expect the prices to swing back up like a bell curve soon, especially when the line hits stores. I'd imagine that average folks don't even know these things exist yet.

FER SURE

Reaction score
That 26.20 auction was ME! I had forgoten I had even bid on this auction but alas here it is. When I placed this bid I thought that I wouldnt get the first fig. Now I have 2 Teeth excl. I didnt even want it at first but now I think I am going to hold on to it for later. We will see what happens in the future

karmadorje

Reaction score
I think its true that people don't know about these exclusives yet. That is the way it is usually in the beginning. Once the line hits store shelves these could be worth well over $100.

I would also like to add that I hate the mail away idea. That means I have to buy an entire extra set of figures for the mail away since I want them to be MIB. Usually I just buy seconds of the ones I really like, this way I have to buy an entire opener set for the proof of purchases.