'Downton Abbey' gets the 'Sesame Street' treatment

theSHE124

Reaction score
Thank you, John. My Granma was just talking 'bout it now. I'm gonna show it her ASAP!:super:
By the way, who was that guy in the photo? I don't think I'm familiar with him...think-think-think...

Update! Just showed Granma and Grappa this! They're into 'Downton Abbey' and got good laughs from it. :laugh: They tell me the Muppeteers nailed the spoof voices really well.

Convincing John

Reaction score
That guy in the photo is Harvey Kneeslapper...one of Frank Oz's old Sesame Street characters. :smile:

Oz also played the servant in this spoof, so that's cool too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, these last few years we've gotten Frank Oz performing one-shot characters in parody sketches, and all of them are parodies of shows I'd never heard of previously (I think I might have heard of Mad Men before the parody). And with the exception of "The Heaviest Catch" all these segments are great.

When I first heard that there would be a "Downton Abbey" parody I assumed Abby Cadabby would be featured (it would be something to see Frank perform a character alongside Abby, I don't think he's done that yet). I also previously misread the title as "Downtown Abbey", and assumed it was a show on MTV (then again I still don't know that it isn't). Wasn't expecting a show taking place in a mansion.

Somebody on the tough pigs forum recently pointed out that Tyler Bunch tweeted about Frank Oz being at the studio recently. I wonder if it was to perform this segment, or if this one was produced during production on season 42. I know seasons 42 and 43 were produced together, but I think some season 43 segments were also produced after the season started.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Somebody on the tough pigs forum recently pointed out that Tyler Bunch tweeted about Frank Oz being at the studio recently. I wonder if it was to perform this segment, or if this one was produced during production on season 42. I know seasons 42 and 43 were produced together, but I think some season 43 segments were also produced after the season started.
The street stories we're going to be seeing now are what were filmed recently. Some inserts for this season were filmed during season 42, and others were filmed early last year. This was no doubt taped the same day as the Birdwalk Empire sketch, which has Tyler in it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that hit me when watching this segment: Is Upside Downton Abbey the first female character made from the Orange Gold Anything Muppet? It seems those are usually male... So it seems odd seeing that AM used for a woman.

Also, is it just me or is the Pumpkin Anything Muppet's head shorter than it used to be?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They made one woman with the Orange Gold pattern, according to the Wiki.

And the Pumpkin is a new version introduced in season 40.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Mrs. Otter (a huge Downton Abbey fan) and I got a MAJOR charge out of this! A simple gag, well-executed...and what a treat to have Frank Oz back on deck for this one!

cahuenga

Reaction score
Im glad Frank Oz is more involved with Sesame Street again. I would love seen him again in a Street scene per season, along with Caroll Spinney, Fran Brill, Steve Whitmire and interacting with Matt vogel and Eric jacobson characters, and with Maria, Susan, Bob, Gordon...Now Jerry is sadly gone, he can add his veterany to the show....and he is one of the 5 remaining people who are still in the show since its inception..