Doozer stick recipes

funkydoo

Reaction score
I think what you would have to do is make it how you would make seaside rock and have the radishes mixed with sugar . In theroy there is no reason why it should'nt work . Any confectioner would be able to tell you unfortunatley i do not know any :wink:

maxdrive

Reaction score
if you can make candy you could make a hard candy land when its soft make it into sticks

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Now I really want to do it! I mean, look at it this way! Who ever made them could send the idea to Henson and maybe they could produce them and put them on store shelvs! Will lots of flavors!
Ty

maxdrive

Reaction score
that be a cool idea how about a candy like that that you could build with with candy conectiors so it could really be like doozer sticks build with them then eat them. or be a like a fraggle build with them then break a peice off

Shade601

Reaction score
It is possible. Make it like hard candy. I dehydrated radishes for this very reason a long time ago but never put them into the candy. I'm about to try again only without radish dust, maybe just add some kind of clear juice to the boiling sugar. Then you let them form in either a mold or a large cookie sheet and break them into perfect pieces...i am trying to figure out what to use for "glue" because I fully intend to build a tower out of my candy sticks. Right before I eat it.

I have also made candied radishes, and I'm about to attempt peach and garlic pie. :smile: I have no idea how that will turn out, but I will honestly tell you that candied radishes are surprisingly good.

I'm not sure I'm a good enough cook to pull off a souffle, but artichoke souffle really sounds good, too. Maybe someday I'll risk it.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I wish I had the skills to pull off Doozer sticks, I've heard candy making is hard. Peach and garlic pie had crossed my mind, perhaps using black garlic because it's sweeter?

If you have a blog with your recipes, feel free to share! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested. :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
It is possible. Make it like hard candy. I dehydrated radishes for this very reason a long time ago but never put them into the candy. I'm about to try again only without radish dust, maybe just add some kind of clear juice to the boiling sugar. Then you let them form in either a mold or a large cookie sheet and break them into perfect pieces...i am trying to figure out what to use for "glue" because I fully intend to build a tower out of my candy sticks. Right before I eat it.

I have also made candied radishes, and I'm about to attempt peach and garlic pie. :smile: I have no idea how that will turn out, but I will honestly tell you that candied radishes are surprisingly good.

I'm not sure I'm a good enough cook to pull off a souffle, but artichoke souffle really sounds good, too. Maybe someday I'll risk it.
Wow, most of that sounds amazing! Candied radishes? Putting other vegetable juices in candy? The fraggles would approve! You could probably also chop up those raddishes and mold them in the shape of bars for Red's raddish bars.
It never occurred to me to make raddish dust with a dehydrator!:excited: Maybe stick them together with butter and sugar like rice crispy treats, or ooh! You said you were looking for glue. How about almond butter? That's gotta be one of the stickiest foods I've ever had!
I don't know if I would like peach and garlic pie, but you never know!