Don't mess with Frank Oz when it comes to Fozzie

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I wish I knew why Jim would do that in the first place

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I wish I knew why Jim would do that in the first place
It does seem very out of character, and I think that's why I feel so sorry for Frank. Especially after doing Muppet Guy's Talking which was really a tribute to Jim, and to Frank's work as well.

gravy

Reaction score
Honestly I think it would have been better to give it to people who have had experience restoring Henson puppets because even though I am oh, so glad that Fozzie was fixed, you can barely recognize him. Must've broken Frank's heart.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm so confused; this is the original Fozzie, just retouched to the point of being unrecognizable?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Apparently it was a new Original Fozzie that was built not the Season 1 puppet itself

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So Jim rebuilt a weird looking version of the already weird looking season 1 Fozzie to give to some random guy, and nearly 40 years later Frank is ****** about it? Weird Muppet lore.

I think I'm gonna change my username to "New original Fozzie" and make my profile pic the picture of the puppet. There's a certain point where you retouch the puppet so much that you completely lose the point.

That second picture in the article with Fozzie and the guy actually does resemble season 1 Fozzie, just quite deflated and stuff; I think it might've been too haunting for them to show it straight on.

gravy

Reaction score
So Jim rebuilt a weird looking version of the already weird looking season 1 Fozzie to give to some random guy, and nearly 40 years later Frank is ****** about it? Weird Muppet lore.

I think I'm gonna change my username to "New original Fozzie" and make my profile pic the picture of the puppet. There's a certain point where you retouch the puppet so much that you completely lose the point.

That second picture in the article with Fozzie and the guy actually does resemble season 1 Fozzie, just quite deflated and stuff; I think it might've been too haunting for them to show it straight on.
The original season 1 Fozzie was built multiple times. That was just one of them. They just ''retouched'' him and now he looks completely unrecognizable to the season 1 Fozzie.