Does anyone remember this episode?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Hi guys.I heard someone at the Yesterdayland Message Board say that there was an old episode(probably from the 70's)where The Wicked Witch of the West(from "The Wizard of Oz")came to Sesame Street and caused trouble.She electricuted Maria with her broomstick and even pulled off Big Bird's tailfeathers!Then Oscar starts falling in love with her because she was so ugly and mean,and because of that,The Witch made herself pretty,making Oscar disgusted! :grouchy: And then that was all he said.

My question is,does anyone here remember that episode? I've never seen it.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yes, that was me who posted that Wicked Witch message on Yesterdayland some time ago. I sure wish I could see that episode again. And I heard that witch really was Margaret Hamilton too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
interesting you mentioned that because i from a interview done on CCN 3 years ago witch i have a link to David Newell who's Mr. Mc.Feely on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mentioned in 1 of the early episodes, though didn't say the exact year, claimed Ms. Hamilton flew in for a visit. Newell claimed how many people especially kids were scared of the character so they contacted her to come on and she came on with a facsmile of the costume she used in the movie. i wonder when she appeared on Mr. Rogers? was it the same time SS debuted if the did do the voice for Wanda the Witch or was this later on?

Xerus

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
interesting you mentioned that because i from a interview done on CCN 3 years ago witch i have a link to David Newell who's Mr. Mc.Feely on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood mentioned in 1 of the early episodes, though didn't say the exact year, claimed Ms. Hamilton flew in for a visit. Newell claimed how many people especially kids were scared of the character so they contacted her to come on and she came on with a facsmile of the costume she used in the movie. i wonder when she appeared on Mr. Rogers? was it the same time SS debuted if the did do the voice for Wanda the Witch or was this later on?
I don't remember what year Margaret Hamilton appeared either Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers. But I do remember is after the Margaret Hamiton Mr. Rogers episodes, the Go To School episodes of Mr. Rogers premired.

ceecee

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I saw the Mr. Rogers with Margaret Hamilton sometime when I was a kid. I think it was an old episode when I saw it though. It really helped me to not be afraid of the Wicked Witch anymore. She came to visit Mr. Rogers, first dressed normally, and then she put her costume on. It was a neat episode.

However, I don't remember her being on SS. That would have been cool to see too.

Splurge

Reaction score
ceecee said:
I saw the Mr. Rogers with Margaret Hamilton sometime when I was a kid. I think it was an old episode when I saw it though. It really helped me to not be afraid of the Wicked Witch anymore. She came to visit Mr. Rogers, first dressed normally, and then she put her costume on. It was a neat episode.

However, I don't remember her being on SS. That would have been cool to see too.
Heh, wish someone had shown me that episode before I saw Wizard of Oz.