Does anybody keep a "dead people's section"?

salemfan

Reaction score
I work with my father, and at work, we keep a dead people's section, containing pictures of people we knew who have passed away. Does anybody else do this?

peachesncream

Reaction score
i keep obits in a memory box of friends and close loved ones.it's my way of remembering them.i also try and visit graves.i'm orignally from new orleans though and we're funny about death.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have the obits of close friends and family members, not many mind you. If you're referring to the forums here at MC, then "no". There are a few members who we believe have legitimately passed away, but we also have had at least on faked death that generated a lot of buzz, and then a lot of controversey, as it's very complicated to determine if an actual MC member has passed or not. It's sad really that people get pleasure from faking their deaths and then watch others mourn them, but unfortunately it's real and we have to be careful and sensitive about such situations.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I have the obits of close friends and family members, not many mind you. If you're referring to the forums here at MC, then "no". There are a few members who we believe have legitimately passed away, but we also have had at least on faked death that generated a lot of buzz, and then a lot of controversey, as it's very complicated to determine if an actual MC member has passed or not. It's sad really that people get pleasure from faking their deaths and then watch others mourn them, but unfortunately it's real and we have to be careful and sensitive about such situations.
Not only deaths do people fake online, but illness to attract attention. Even if a death or illness is legit and you really don't know the person it's possibly best to not even acknowledge the person making the claim since you don't know if it real.

On the topic of deaths, I always wondered if any Muppet fan has ever created a website of Muppet show guest stars that have passed away with dates of death and cause of death.

salemfan

Reaction score
peachesncream said:
i keep obits in a memory box of friends and close loved ones.it's my way of remembering them.i also try and visit graves.i'm orignally from new orleans though and we're funny about death.
Is the memory box in your home or at your workplace?

peachesncream

Reaction score
it's at home. i work in disneyworld.i might have confused the question.what kind of work do you and your father do?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
You work at Disney World? I would love to chat with you and hear what you do sometime if you're interested! :excited:

salemfan

Reaction score
peachesncream said:
it's at home. i work in disneyworld.i might have confused the question.what kind of work do you and your father do?
My father does engineering, but he teaches me all kinds of different job opportunities, such as mechanics, cleaning up, and the like.

peachesncream

Reaction score
anytime vic.though i spend way toooo much time at work or the bar that work drives me to.
that sounds interesting.it's always good to learn new things.i'm really excited because i'm training on dumbo and philharmagic next week and i'll know all of fantasyland but it's way off topic.
i guess poeple just deal with death in different ways.back home we bury poeple above ground.i do remmeber as a child one hurricane and the bodies coming up.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Not of anyone save for a man that was in our high school band as a guest musician. He was a local judge, and was one of my favorite people in the 4 years of high school. I loved him dearly, and still miss him. I played in his memorial service, and keep his picture and the "program" from the service out so I can look and remember...

I haven't done that with anyone else I've known who's died. Thankfully it's a small number anyway...