Documentary in the works... please read!

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Kick starter is your first step. "I Am Big Bird" would not have been possible without it. You're going to need some budget, especially if you're going to complete it by yourself AND within a year's time.

To submit something to Netflix (or any other distributor), it will need some professional level. Some footage of an interview with Steve (or anybody else) can't just be shot on someone's phone (inaudible and shaky picture). You don't want your finished project to look like a poor man's "Blair Witch Project".

Another reason you'll need a Kick starter or some other funding: legal fees. When your project is done, and you want to be shown on the film festival circuit, or eventual video/TV/DVD/Blu-Ray release, you'll probably want to get PAID for your work. All the more reason to have good legal representation so you don't get screw3d over. Especially if you're not 21 yet.

I still want to see your dream become a reality. But part of that reality also entails knowing what you might encounter along the way.

I admire your enthusiasm and commitment. Go for it!
Thank you so much for the tips! ;D

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, my advise to you, WemblinFool, would simply be, don't rush it. Don't feel pressured to have a deadline until you feel your almost done with the film. Even if it takes five years to make, so be it. What we're concerned about is the quality of it and not the release date

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Yeah, my advise to you, WemblinFool, would simply be, don't rush it. Don't feel pressured to have a deadline until you feel your almost done with the film. Even if it takes five years to make, so be it. What we're concerned about is the quality of it and not the release date
True true. Especially since the editing portion can potentially take freaking FOREVER. You guys are right; I should pace myself. It'll turn out a better product in the end. :wink: