Disney's Muppets

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Don't worry, IF it comes to that, it will probably be on toys. Hopefully they'll just be on the tags so you can pull it off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm still thinking at worst it will be something like "Disney presents Jim Henson's Muppets." I mean, Disney owns the network and the programming but they didn't caLL IT Disney's ABC.... they didn't even call it Disney Family, just ABC Family, and that's because Fox didn't own it anymore. They don't call them Disney's Power Rangers.... unless it's only cause they don't want to associate Disney with some hack kid's show like that.

As for SS changing the name, dropping "Jim Henson's Muppets" from the credits... I don't think they'd do something like that. It would be muy disrespectful, and since SS would be no where without Jim's guidence back in 1969, I don't think they'd do that... not for a while.

nikki_sxx

Reaction score
I dont think they should use the name disney muppets, but even if they were to use the muppets as a title that would be better than anything :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel... worse case scenario, they'll just use Muppets as a stand alone title..

as in a piece of Merchandsie would be marked with:

(c) Muppets

Luke

Reaction score
Well, considering some of the awful quality stuff Disney put out lets hope the name doesn't put too many people off huh ? :embarrassed:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Luke,

Not all of Disney's stuff is awful. Give some of the products a chance. Disney make good plushes, for example Stitch.

Luke

Reaction score
Notice i said SOME - i was winding him up. I know some of the stuff they make is ok. Most of the high end collectables and the plushes aren't bad. They do suck at low cost plastic though the newer Snow White stuff isn't too bad.

I hate people being smug about the Muppets being bought by Disney. If truth be told it's Henson that have come off better from every deal they've been doing lately rather than the other partner. I can definitely see it all coming together and them having a much bigger plan in the great scheme of things. I also don't like people joking about the loss of the Jim Henson name, it's a big thing. I wish Disney were being pushed more to keep it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We could push the evil empire all we want, and they'll never listen. Disney isn't very consumer friendly, never has been. Didn't Jim Henson want to buy Disney at one time?