Disney's Muppet Merchandise

rexcrk

Reaction score
The nearest Disney Store by me has nothing Muppets. I went the other day to try and find some Muppet shirts but couldn't find any. There was nothing Muppety there. I did get 6 great non-Muppet shirts for a great deal though :big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My nearest Disney Store also didn't have any Muppet Stuff last time I checked, BUT I WENT TO DISNEYLAND A COUPLE WEEKS AGO, AND THEY DO!!!

Did I type that too loud? Sorry. ANYWAY, wifey and I had two 2-day Parkhoppers, which means YAY! Got to see lots of new shows and go on all the new rides, but what follows is my favorite memory from this last trip!

We started the first day with Disneyland, and then headed over to DCA before noon. Had to visit Soarin' first (my favorite ride!), and then headed straight for MV 3-D. After that we were sure to check out Rizzo's Pawn Shop expecting to find some cool Palisades stuff (was on the look-out for a level-legged Super Beaker for The Count, but no such luck), but they didn't have any. What they did have was a bunch of other cool stuff, INCLUDING AN AWESOME PLUSH FOZZIE!!! The smaller one looked a bit on the deformed side, but the big one I got looks so cool! I bought him on the spot, along with an awesome Muppets Disney Trading Pin, and carried him around with me all day long! Here's where my great memory comes into play.

Everywhere we went (hopping back and forth between parks at least 2 more times), I got great compliments for having Fozzie tag-along! I felt like the Muppets' Ambassador or something, and was very proud of it! Out of at least 20 comments, only 1 guy (a cast member) called him "Fonzie", but no big. It was awesome, they'd say things like, "Fozzie, COOL!", "I love Fozzie!", "that guy has a Muppet! Aw, I want a stuffed Muppet!", or "Hey Fozzie! Wocka-wocka!". My favorite comment came from the cast member at the line for the Pooh ride in Critter Country. She said, "Oh my God, Fozzie! I've never seen anyone carrying around a Fozzie stuffed animal before, that's so cool". I didn't think about it at the time, but how cool would it have been if I got a picture with everyone who had something to say!

It was funny, we went back to MV 3-D the second day (around 3-ish), and about 4 more big Fozzie's were gone! At least 5 of the indirect comments I got were kids begging their parents for a Fozzie. I did my part for the Muppets on that trip.

Wow, all I really wanted to say in this thread was that I got a decent-looking Fozzie plush, and show you all the picture! Well, here it is, along with the other loot I picked up.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/Disneyloot.gif

robinthecrow

Reaction score
I have had the experience the previous posters have had...

Peterborough, Cambridge and Milton Keynes all have Disney stores; and on previous visits have all stocked those god awful Disney Muppet plushies... but on a recent visit to all of them (the wife likes Disney stores-OUCH my wallet) and they do not stock the Muppet toys anymore!

I for sure hope that they took my post seriously and are making better toys!

Though we did find some animal underpants... :flirt:

Camellia

Reaction score
Hi, this is interesting that there are muppets in Disney Stores now! Went into a Disney Store in October 2005 and couldn't find any muppets. Just current Disney movie characters I didn't recognize. :smile: