Disney Songs the Muppets Have Covered

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
They have mostly been covered on the Muppet Show, and here are the ones I can think up off the top of my head.

Never Smile at a Crocodile
When You Wish Upon a Star
Hi Diddle Dee Dee (An Actor's Life For Me)
It's a Small World (my favorite Disney cover by them, and what's funny is they keep doing it over the credits!)

Skekayuk

Reaction score
It's A Small Word is by the Sherman brothers, isn't it. Who currently have two big stage versions of film musicals going around the world (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins).

As a matter of fact, a few years ago now, I saw one of my favourite musical theatre actresses do a cabaret act, which included "A round the world tribute to The Muppets", involving four songs that had been done on TMS, and the first of those was It's A Small World.

peyjenk

Reaction score
So who was this favorite musical theatre actress?

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm serious.

But from the nature of your reply, I'm wondering if it was Louise Gold?

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I'm serious.

But from the nature of your reply, I'm wondering if it was Louise Gold?
Well you guessed right. - I couldn't be sure to begin with if you'd already guessed or not. It was indeed the British actress (sometimes desribed as "An English Ethel Merman", amongst other descriptions) Louise Gold. - She's a terrific singer (perhaps not to every musical theatre fan's taste - she always sings numbers or plays characters in her own way, which isn't necessarily the 'received' way of doing that part).

peyjenk

Reaction score
Does she still do theatre? I don't hear anything about her these days except on MC.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Does she still do theatre? I don't hear anything about her these days except on MC.
She certainly does. In fact she's currently employed playing a rather minor principal (and a villian at that) in the West End production of Mary Poppins, at the Prince Edward Theatre (a theatre which seventeen years ago she played Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes at, and about six years ago she was playing Tanya one of the Dynamos in Mamma Mia). She's been in Mary Poppins since April 2006. Before that she was in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (playing The Baroness), for the last 18 months of that show's run at The London Palladium.