Disney should just sell back the muppets to the Henson compony

datman24

Reaction score
I think someone here put it best: it wouldn’t be any different of a situation if it were in the hands of any other company. The fact is, the public has lost interest in the Muppets. Many simply view it as a relic of the past. Those who were fans back in its heyday have given up on the Muppets, and it’s hard to get a new generation into them since they’re exposed to so much CGI (which can do a lot more than what you can do on strings), that many of them view colorful, kid-friendly puppets as “for babies.” I don’t think giving the Muppets back to the Jim Henson Company would change much of anything. All I want the Muppets to do is to make me laugh, which they have been struggling to do now for the past 25 years or so. They had a thing going for them with the Bohemian Rhapsody video and the 2011 movie, and if they can more do more of what those work, then they can hopefully get back on track. Perhaps the Henson Company could have more of a say on how the Muppets should be handled, but giving the rights back to them completely will not do much good. I don’t think they have the financial backing Disney has just to keep them alive. The Disney+ series hasn’t even begun production yet, let’s just see how that goes, and go from there.

Last edited:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Disney + and ABC Studios fully supported Live Another Day

Josh Gad and the other creators walked away from the project after a change in leadership over at the muppet studios