Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 3 - The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon/You Say Potato, I Say Best

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 3 - The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon; You Say Potato, I Say Best
Disney Channel Premiere: Friday March 30, 2018

The Muppet Babies put on a sporting competition and Piggy must learn how to be a good sport and get back in the game after losing several events; Gonzo becomes best friends with a potato, so the other Muppet Babies include it in their games.

If you've seen "The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon / You Say Potato, I Say Best", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I really liked it. Statler and Waldorf saying "That joke wasn't bad. But it wasn't good" was funny. Nanny's song was catchy. Piggy finding Hot Potato to be a good game for Gonzo's potato friend was the perfect ending.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had to miss it because I had business to take care of this morning.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It seems like a fine show; just let me know when there's a good cameo/reference. For instance, I saw baby Mahna Mahna and Snowths in a picture at the beginning.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"The Great Muppet Sport-a-Thon" was a great showcase of Piggy's temper, not to mention :boo: & :sleep:'s heckling. The highlight for me was Nanny's lovely duet with Piggy in teaching her not to be a sore loser, marking it the first time she has ever sung. Also, the nursery has a "Scribble Screen", which is like an interactive whiteboard with Internet access some schools now use.

"You Say Potato, I Say Best" gives us a little backstory on newcomer Summer, who is an immigrant from the North Pole who had some difficulty adjusting to warm-weather life. I'd like to see this get expanded on in a future episode.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm getting Baby Looney Tunes vibes from this, which while not related to Tiny Toons was a respectable "continuation"; like this isn't going to get as weird as the original Muppet Babies where they open their door and the Death Star is outside.