Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude, this thing should be it's own topic.... It's far too funny to just use as an example.

Question is, where does a thread like that go?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Dude, this thing should be it's own topic.... It's far too funny to just use as an example.

Question is, where does a thread like that go?
I'd assumed a lot of Muppet fans had seen this when Tough Pigs posted it a few years back. But there may be a serious division between Muppet Central and Tough pigs members that I'm not aware of. But you're right, this probably should have it's own thread.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am sorry, I just went back and looked at that again and can not believe that Jim or the Muppets Company in general allowed that to go to print. It is God awful

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am sorry, I just went back and looked at that again and can not believe that Jim or the Muppets Company in general allowed that to go to print. It is God awful
The conversation has been moved here

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't think the new artist is a bad artist. I think he has a nice style. I am not crazy about the Muppet designs, but am going to support the line and the artist.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
I know I should read the whole thread before posting but I'll be answering first to those who left comments on my Deviant Art page or wrote notes to my email.
First, thanks for your wonderful comments about my Muppet comic strips.:smile: I grew up with the Muppets like all of us here and I feel like I know them with all my heart.
My friend Earl Kress told me abut the comic book idea ages ago. I got really into it and came up with the comics thinking about the classic newspaper strips.
I eventually heard that the Muppet comic book began. For me I'd be honored if I get to draw a few pages of it. I've been drawing the Looney Tunes comics since 1998, commercial artwork for WB and my comic strip Yenny as well. (www.yennylopez.com)
Once again thanks to all who drop a letter in my inbox and to Jay Fosgitt who kindly ask me to post a word here. (You may hide the gun now, Jay):wink:

-Dave Alvarez

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I know I should read the whole thread before posting but I'll be answering first to those who left comments on my Deviant Art page or wrote notes to my email.
First, thanks for your wonderful comments about my Muppet comic strips.:smile: I grew up with the Muppets like all of us here and I feel like I know them with all my heart.
My friend Earl Kress told me abut the comic book idea ages ago. I got really into it and came up with the comics thinking about the classic newspaper strips.
I eventually heard that the Muppet comic book began. For me I'd be honored if I get to draw a few pages of it. I've been drawing the Looney Tunes comics since 1998, commercial artwork for WB and my comic strip Yenny as well. (www.yennylopez.com)
Once again thanks to all who drop a letter in my inbox and to Jay Fosgitt who kindly ask me to post a word here. (You may hide the gun now, Jay):wink:

-Dave Alvarez
If you're looking for a campaign to get you aboard the Muppets comic book, I'm starting it here, Dave! You're the best there is, man.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Dave,

It's been a while and glad to see you post! Come back often.

Kev

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Thank Jay for the campaign! I feel like the Obama of comics. LOL:smile:
Thanks or the welcome, Kev. It's been a while. I've been kind of busy with a tv kids show that I produce and write.
BTW, here's the link: www.kartoonkrew.com (It's in spanish tho)

OH! and I managed to draw another Muppet Strip. check it out here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/MUPPET1.gif
Well, it's been four long years, but I'd say it's been well worth the wait! Great work as ever, Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.