Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh, I like the ventriloquist part. And now the theater is a "studio", wonder if that's the same thing? There's also the error of stating that Disney owns all of JHP when they just own the Muppets, Babies and Bear. It does tend to confuse some that the bulk of Jim Henson's work is owned by four different companies: Disney, Henson Co, Henson Legacy and Sesame Workshop (as most of us in these parts know). :wink:

It appears these guys aren't the fantatical fans that we are, but they are more middle-of-the-line fans. No judgements there. I'm happy about this. Just helps me put things in perspective when hearing interviews with these fellas.

Concept is solid and time-tested. I doubt they'd get Frank back. Eric Jacobson has been doing such a fine job from the start that Entertainment Weekly mistakenly praised his NBC Christmas Special work as being Frank's performance. That's flattery! :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, most interesting part of that article:

It came about because Jason had a general meeting at Disney, and he said "Why aren't you guys doing anything with the Muppets?" And there was an awkward pause, and they were like "We don't know." You expect these multi-million dollar conglomerate companies to have more of a handle on stuff, but when something like that happens you realize they really don't!
Interesting insight. Well, I'm glad these guys have a handle on things. Still really excited! And Forgetting Sarah Marshall comes out here on the 18th (this friday!). Yay.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
OMG okay so this isn't new news or anything like that, BUT...

I've been working at the Viacom building recently, which is the same place where they have MTV studios in Times Square, and today I was leaving and walking down the stairs when I actually passed Jason Segel on the escalator on the way up. It took me a minute to process (he has curlier hair than on HIMYM) and I kinda passed him, realized, and then took too long to decide what to do. I actually went through the revolving doors and then came back inside (haha!) and ran up the escalator, but by the time I got to the top he was just going into the MTV door. I had like a moment where I could've shouted out, but I didn't want to seem like a complete moron, so I let him go. I am so DISAPPOINTED!

So, Jason Segel, if you ever read this thread... If you passed a blonde girl with a ponytail on your way into the Viacom building, that was me. Yes, I ran up the stairs after you, but it was just to say "Hi. You're awesome. I love How I Met Your Mother. I know Sarah Marshall is going to be great. And good luck on the Muppet movie." That's it. But I mean, if after that you had wanted to be friends I definitely would've been cool with it :wink:

So yeah. No news, but that was pretty awesome. But I'm still disappointed! I wish I hadn't hesitated, haha!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh man, Sarah! As if that happened! Well, with any luck, maybe he'll be back.

Don't feel too bad that you missed him, I wouldn't have known what to do either. *hugs*

Still. Neat!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still say the Muppets' legs were cut out from under them (so to speak :wink: ) because many executives didn't want anything to do with Eisner's pet projects. Once he'd been gone a while there just wasn't enough momentum to start things up. Now there is. They just kind of got lost in corporate politics, or at least that's part of it. That stuff happens all the time. It doesn't always matter about the idea or property, Who came up with it becomes more important behind closed doors. Sad, but true. And now that appears to be over! The Muppets are back.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
The Muppets are back.
YOU SAID THE MAGIC WORDS! Finally! I've been waiting for this moment for over three years! *pulls a string and giant, inconspicuously unnoticed curtains pull back revealing a choir of penguins standing on bleachers* *grabs conductor's baton* *taps it on music stand* *conducts*

Penguin Choir: *goes into a splendid "quacked up" version of the Hallelujah Chorus*

:big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.