Disney Characters statues

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
For those that haven't been to a Disney park in some time, they sell large, marquette like statues of there cartoon characters. I recently saw one at DCA of Kermit in his classic sitting on a log playing the banjo pose. As an added touch, his entire body (the green parts anyway) is covered in in a layer or light felt.

muppetperson

Reaction score
How large is Kermit? Half scale like the big Kermit figure sitting on the column base or puppet size? How much were they?Any gone on ebay yet? I wonder who sculpted the big figure Kermit and if it is the same person who did Kermit sitting on the log?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Nope, that's not what I was talking about apparently.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Nope, that's not what I was talking about apparently.
Maybe I've confused the thread.I know you are talking about a sculpture that is flocked and has Kermit sitting on a log.I mentioned the big Kermit figure as a reference to size and if it may be the same sculptor? The big Kermit is mainly resin with a felt collar.The sculpt you have seen is covered in felt or flocked somehow.And now what of my question? How big is it and how much did they cost?:smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I didn't check the price. I think the overall height is in the same range. Since the base is smaller, Kermit himself is somewhat bigger.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I rang Disney Delivearfs (PH 18003624533) and found out they sell for US$150 .I mail ordered one and the banjo playing,log sitting frog will be coming down under! Thanks for the tip-off, Crazy Harry.

Lynnette

Reaction score
I saw the Kermit statue

I went to Disneyland earlier this month and saw the big Kermit on a log with his banjo. It was in the artsy gift shop by the animation studio in California Adventure. Kermit was about 2 feet tall - a big piece! I didn't look at the price and, if this is the same one being discussed, I didn't notice any felt/flocked/whatever texture on him but I didn't really get that close. I did take a picture of it though!

I thought the piece was pretty cool and even more so since there wasn't much Muppet merchandise around now that Rizzo's shop is closed for the remodel combining it with the Monsters Inc. merchandise for that attraction opening in January (very run-on sentence!). It was a bad time for me to visit Muppet-wise but still great fun since I got to go to Muppet Vision 3D.

-Lynnette

tomahawk

Reaction score
I already own this piece and it is beautiful. It seems as if it selling quite well. It is much better looking than the Kermit on the column. He looks as close to the true size of the puppet as I could imagine. Great piece to own.