Disney blocks Muppet Babies videos on YouTube

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well maybe at the very least they could be planning to release them on I Tunes or Netflix or something like that. I have a feeling that once the new show airs Disney will be releasing all kinds of stuff, to keep people's mind fresh and full of Muppety goodness.
Dwayne, I hope you're right. I agree the new TV show would be a great opportunity to cash in and finally officially release some of the Muppet stuff we've all been waiting for. But if two new feature films didn't push them to release the rest of the Muppet Show seasons on DVD, I don't have high hopes. :frown:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
:sigh: :rolleyes: *and folding my arms in the process*

I honestly don't know what to say right now.

@dwayne1115 Like several others on here, I hope you're right about that thought. Because, honestly it seems like a waste for Disney to just go ahead and block every episode of both shows without some kind of warning. This better mean we'll be getting Muppet Babies and the remaining 2 seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD/iTunes/Netflix later on this year!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fact is Disney owns it and if they don't want their copyrighted material on YouTube, than they have every right to take it off, regardless if there are plans or not to release them on DVD or streaming or whatever.
Exactly what I was about to say. They aren't going to release these because they don't feel they can profit from them, yet refuse to let anyone share copyrighted material they want no part of. They took down an entire account devoted to Pepper Ann. A show not currently on television, nor ever released on any format, not even VHS when the show was still on. By all means a show they don't acknowledge or bother to profit from. And they still had to get rid of it because someone was not making money off of something they didn't bother to utilize in years because principles.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Holy crap, they deleted the video for "The Muppet Show Sex and Violence"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Fact is Disney owns it and if they don't want their copyrighted material on YouTube, than they have every right to take it off
Take it off and then hide it from the public forever it would seem. Copyright isn't protecting artists anymore. It's just a way for cheap executives to save money and throw their weight around.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just speaking for myself as someone who writes and publishes, if i create something i wouldn't want someone else to take it and display it for free without my permission. Regardless of what my intentions with it might be.
Thing is, this kind of blocking isn't protecting the artist. Just some overpaid Disney execs who may have no intention of ever legallly releasing Muppet Babies. Nowadays, it just feels like the only purpose of copyright is to take things away from audiences.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thing is, this kind of blocking isn't protecting the artist. Just some overpaid Disney execs who may have no intention of ever legallly releasing Muppet Babies. Nowadays, it just feels like the only purpose of copyright is to take things away from audiences.
Exactly what I've been thinking.

Aaron

Reaction score
Yes but not a single person involved gets any royalties when you view an illegally uploaded youtube video.