Discussing Muppeteer's Personal Lives

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh no...I'll wait for the complaint e-mail first then.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I think one does have to be careful.
The other thread around at the moment was specifically about "friends" of the muppeteers performing on Muppet productions (friends including family). So it was brought up in particular context.
And I think some of us were trying to be a little vague deliberately.
I think Muppet Newsgirl had a good point about sticking to what is generally known.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Something that is broad and not direct is different than cranking out information like divorces, sexual orientation, religion, etc., which has come up in conversation before.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it depends on the actual circumstances, you can usually tell if someone is saying something maliciously, to provoke others or just being way too intrusive. I'm sure the mods will act as and when neccasary. Sometimes though you can't blame people for asking questions when the Muppeteers or Henson themselves make things obvious and put names in credits, or state they are involved with "x" or they talk openly about a specific partner for years and then they start talking about a new one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
So basically the Henson Company have been advocating for years that Miss Piggy and Kermit The Frog have been living in sin together in the Muppet Theatre and they are fine with it! Also they've encouraged this on again, off again affair to sell movies, tv shows, merchandise etc...
...that thought had never occurred to me.

*goes into catatonic state*

Luke

Reaction score
I know, one of my more insightful moments from 2005 there, and then they were proposing the Frog have an affair with a character called Mercedes. Is there no end to to this debauchery in the Muppet world?

I say we march on Disneyland .... and i want first go on the rollercoasters!