Dinosaurs shorter opening

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is something I remember, which doesn't occur on the DVDs. I used to have them taped off TV, though I don't think I have the tapes anymore (and I forget which episodes have this).

But I am remembering that sometimes, the opening would be shorter (like how The Simpson's opening is often shortened if necessary). In these cases, after Earl says "Honey, I'm home!", the music would die down and fade to black, instead of showing the opening montage. The opening credits would appear in the pre-montage sequence (normally, that's where the opening credits go).

But as mentioned, the DVDs include the full opening on every episode (well, not The Clip Show, but that's a different thing).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here is something I remember, which doesn't occur on the DVDs. I used to have them taped off TV, though I don't think I have the tapes anymore (and I forget which episodes have this).

But I am remembering that sometimes, the opening would be shorter (like how The Simpson's opening is often shortened if necessary). In these cases, after Earl says "Honey, I'm home!", the music would die down and fade to black, instead of showing the opening montage. The opening credits would appear in the pre-montage sequence (normally, that's where the opening credits go).

But as mentioned, the DVDs include the full opening on every episode (well, not The Clip Show, but that's a different thing).
Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered that. I think they used it when the five original first season eps were reran and they used it for the initial airing of "When Food Goes Bad," but that's as much as I can remember of that. I'm kind of glad the DVDs just use the full opening though, because I much prefer it that way, but it was interesting that your remembered that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought in syndication that all episodes have the season three opening, including season 1.
No. I was referring to when the first five eps from season 1 were repeated over the summer the year they originally aired.

Good memory about the syndicated eps though. I remember they sort of did the opposite of the ones you're talking about, just skipping the "Honey, I'm home" part and just showing the opening montage with just a few eps showing the full opening. (Ex: "Little Boy Boo.") Also all eps seemed to have a cold opening even if it's one that aired before they used the cold opening in which case they'd start the show before showing the opening credits. Anyway, just thought I'd share that bit of trivia.