Differences between the first two DVD sets

stick

Reaction score
my season 1 dvd set opens with each disk on their own page & season 2 has the same thing but there's a white tape on the spine of the pages holding them together. it doesn't look as nice, i like the way season 1 was done. anyone else have this on their season 2 dvd set? :excited:

anytimepally

Reaction score
you're right about the Season 2 set not looking as nice, but the outer box on mine is a little thicker than the Season 1 box was and seems sturdier all around.. I prefer the way Season 2 was made, because I think it'll last longer (though I might've just gotten a freak box).. but that has nothing to do with the strip of white.. that part of Season One's package seems fine to me.. maybe Season Three should be a hybrid.. the Season 2 box but without the white strip

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
A bit off topic here, but has anyone else had problems with the audio on Season 2? I get a "click" or "pop" coming from the speakers every now and then (on nearly every episode) and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the source material. Rather it seems like an issue with the processing of the DVDs.

The pops on "Red's Club" in specific is quite annoying. As are the pops during the interview section on the bonus disc.

stick

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Does the box stick when you are trying to open it?
no it's like tape. the outside is not sticky.. it's like paper on the outside and the inside sticks to the spine, like it's holding the pages together. if u were to take it off the pages would probably separate.

next thread, i haven't played my season 2 dvd yet.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Traveling Matt said:
A bit off topic here, but has anyone else had problems with the audio on Season 2? I get a "click" or "pop" coming from the speakers every now and then (on nearly every episode) and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the source material. Rather it seems like an issue with the processing of the DVDs.

The pops on "Red's Club" in specific is quite annoying. As are the pops during the interview section on the bonus disc.
it's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember any pops

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The audio on mine was just fine.

Something that bothered me about the two sets, and I know it's a minor point, but the Season One box has a picture of Seasone Two (and some later Season One) Gobo on it, while the Season Two box has a picture of Season One Gobo on it.

:smirk: