Did Jim Henson smoke cigarettes or take drugs?

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I remember going through the Muppet Show Pitch Reel again and there's a picture of him behind Leo showing him holding something, but I don't know if that's a cigarette or just a pen. However, it never mentions in Brian Jones' groundbreaking biography on whether or not he smoked tobacco. And the only other evidence I've seen of anyone else smoking is Jerry Juhl smoking a pipe while working on The Cube.

Does anyone know whether or not Jim Henson smoked anything, whether it be tobacco or cannabis? I know this is kind of a controversial topic, which adds to the fun, so I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I'm not sure but if he did its nothing to look down at since smoking was a lot more common back then and wasn't known to be as dangerous.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Personally, if he did then it’s no big deal.

I mean, end of the day, what he puts in his body is his choice.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Personally, if he did then it’s no big deal.

I mean, end of the day, what he puts in his body is his choice.
Years back during the MySpace days I looked up imani Patterson's profile. He played Miles in sesame street from 1995-2002 and under smoking it said yes. Do I look at him differently because of that? Absolutely not. I still think he's a great actor and him being miles on a children's show and who he is in real life are 2 totally different things.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I was only curious if he did or not. I would not have any different impressions of him if he did, he's still one of my heroes. But I just wanted to talk about it. See if anyone had any evidence that he was a smoker.