Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Um...I changed schools and combined my 11th and 12th grade into one year. Worked through the summer. Whooh! That was a year. :big_grin:

Movies205

Reaction score
I just watch about half of the Muppets Take Manhatten and I JUST LOVE MISS PIGGY IN THAT MOVIE! She so great, I don't know why I don't like her in Muppet Movie she just so I don't know... the commericial more important than you kermit, a couple day lata, I finish my commericial can I join you again.... I love the Muppet Baby reference that was so great, I wish we could see more scenes like that.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yes she isn't 'skinny' she is pleasantly plump! if she was skinny then the moulan scrooge wouldn't have been half as funny! some people complained her legs were too fat there! i think this is the best she has looked in years! especially her hair (i think she is such a prettier blond!)

Sarah
The sad thing is that Piggy's legs probably weren't meant to look so heavy. It's due to the usual lack of craft up at Henson these days...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The sad thing is that Piggy's legs probably weren't meant to look so heavy. It's due to the usual lack of craft up at Henson these days...
I'll pretend I didn't hear that. The Muppet Workshop has always held the highest standards of any puppet company. I believe this was intentional, because Miss Piggy has always been that way.

And we can all ignore the fact she was missing an ear in that scene.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Legs looked fine to me too, and I am picky. The ear did bug me, but it was supposed to be tucked under the hat. I would have still had one exposed ear (if it were up to me).

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Piggy Backlash

Very sorry to those of you who don't like Miss Piggy but I feel I must point out that when she first came to prominance everyone absolutley ADORED her as I still do.
She's catty but vunerable hughly strung but only because of her insecurity.
I wonder if anyone has ever counted who has been on the cover of more magazines, I have a feeling that you will find its my favourite porcine diva.

Jamie

"Where do you stand on Feng Shui"
'Piggy' " i never stand on Feung Shui, that's how people get hurt"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JamieDenny,

You bring up a great point. It was UNREAL how popular Miss Piggy was during this time, especially 1979-1982. It is really hard to express how popular she was unless you remember these few years. She was everywhere and on nearly every major magazine cover (People, LIFE, Newsweek, Saturday Evening Post). Her fantasy calendars sold out in many locations. Miss Piggy was a supermodel in every sense of the word, which is pretty amazing considering she is just a puppet.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Could I get away with saying she was more popular than a certain Rodent that resides in FLA or is that pushing it :stick_out_tongue:
Jamie

Movies205

Reaction score
I like MiSS PIGGY just not so much in the Muppet Movie...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I believe this was intentional, because Miss Piggy has always been that way.

i do too! it was a very good visual gag, i thought!

Sarah