Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I adore Palisades' classic rendition of the character, but I find Diamond Select's proportions, from head to toe, to be more accurate. We don't often see these fellas like this. It all presents a challenge. So, I felt like cutting together a demo photo. The bagginess of his coat is a challenge of its own, but I think DTS is as close as any figure has gotten.

Rtec1

Reaction score
You're right, I think he looks absolute quality in that comparison pic!
My personal opinion is that side to side the DST figures look much nicer than the Palisades. I loved them figures but these new ones are just more fun!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
My personal opinion is that side to side the DST figures look much nicer than the Palisades. I loved them figures but these new ones are just more fun!
There are different design theories. Palisades really forged new roads with textures and plastics and they have some beautifully fluid designs.

DST clearly favors puppet accuracy. It was harder to tell in series one, but as more character are released we see a distinct course that's a little different than what came before.

I like both lines for different reasons. But the things I'm really digging about this one is that Animal is definitely Muppet Movie Animal. Piggy is a modern version of Caper Piggy. Waldorf resembles season one of the Muppet Show. And the smooshiness that the sculptors were able to achieve with Mahna Mahna's mouth is so wonderfully puppety. Gentle Giant is clearly stepping up and bringing their A-game to these. I only hope the paint apps do this justice.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I adore Palisades' classic rendition of the character, but I find Diamond Select's proportions, from head to toe, to be more accurate. We don't often see these fellas like this. It all presents a challenge. So, I felt like cutting together a demo photo. The bagginess of his coat is a challenge of its own, but I think DTS is as close as any figure has gotten.
Yeah, it's just a whole tough thing trying to create figures for characters who weren't designed to be seen from the waist down; the rest of their body is kind of dwarf-like. I feel like Henson kind of half-***** it in shots where their full bodies are seen:

Both are fair figures. Diamond did what he actually looks like, while Palisades made the best assumption possible. Maybe this line did need to be made after all...

Comparing pics, I think Palisades made the better Kermit; Diamond's is too tall and skinny. I never understood Palisades' knock-kneed Kermit though; there must've been some way to make him stand correctly.

While Diamond's figures are more accurate to the actual puppets, I don't think any action figure line has ever, or will ever pour the amount of heart and soul that Palisades did in their Muppet line.

galagr

Reaction score
A lot of websites are starting to post this description along with series 3 pre-orders; "It makes us very happy to introduce to you the next assortment of Muppets Select action figures from DST! Muppet Show and Up Late star Miss Piggy comes with her precious dog Foo Foo and a Penguin, while Electric Mayhem bassist Floyd Pepper comes with guitarist/love interest Janice, and pianist Rowlf comes with the certifiable Crazy Harry! Each multi-pack of 4-6" figures comes with accessories, including guitars, a movie camera, a detonator and a penguin!"

So this basically confirms that Crazy Harry is coming with a detonator, and one of the packs will include a movie camera (my money's on Piggy). Also, which figure would be 6'' tall? Because I know that Kermit is about three and a half inches in height, so whatever figure that the height applies to would tower over him. Are they just rounding up or are we going to have a gigantic figure this wave?

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
So I'm guessing that the general opinion is that Kermit is the least favorite figure out of the group. With that being said, do you think they'll ever make another Kermit figure? Better than the one we have now?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Maybe Rowlf will come with the camera like in the scene in TMM, though I hope we get a piano with Rowlf.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just a whole tough thing trying to create figures for characters who weren't designed to be seen from the waist down; the rest of their body is kind of dwarf-like. I feel like Henson kind of half-***** it in shots where their full bodies are seen:

Both are fair figures. Diamond did what he actually looks like, while Palisades made the best assumption possible. Maybe this line did need to be made after all...

Comparing pics, I think Palisades made the better Kermit; Diamond's is too tall and skinny. I never understood Palisades' knock-kneed Kermit though; there must've been some way to make him stand correctly.

While Diamond's figures are more accurate to the actual puppets, I don't think any action figure line has ever, or will ever pour the amount of heart and soul that Palisades did in their Muppet line.
Now that I think of it, I don't think they've ever even tried to show Rowlf from the waist down. He wasn't even in "Couldn't We Ride" in Muppet Caper.