Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this was posted but DST confirmed on thier Twitter Account that Foo Foo is coming with Miss Piggy in the series 3 action figure line as well as "another animal" could it be Gloria Estefan?!???:zany:
Or maybe even Yolanda the Rat.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I doubt we will see the newer "The Muppets" ABC characters, as the theme seems to be "The Muppet Show", but then again, Bean Bunny got in there!

jobi71

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this was posted but DST confirmed on thier Twitter Account that Foo Foo is coming with Miss Piggy in the series 3 action figure line as well as "another animal" could it be Gloria Estefan?!???:zany:
Someone had posted earlier that due to the time involved to make designs and prototypes that wave 3 would have been underway before Gloria made her debut. I am glad that they are continuing the pattern of one main character having two supporting ones included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Previously I asked about who would come with the tuxedo Kermit (especially since there's 13 figures while the figures come in two packs, and 13 is not dividable by 2), and was confused by the answer given. Now that I read this blog, it makes some sense. So some characters are paired with different characters at Toys R Us than they are at the comic book shops and other places. Animal comes with Kermit at Toys R Us, but comes with Dr. Teeth at other places, while at Toys R Us, Teeth comes with Rowlf, who comes with reporter Kermit at other places. Would have been nice if there were some kind of notable difference between the two Animals, for the completists out there (or is there some big difference that I haven't noticed?).

Pleased that Lips will be in series 3. I'm guessing the band members are paired together - I would have it be Floyd and Janice then Zoot and Lips. Then again, I could be wrong. And I'm guessing that there's more characters not listed. But then again, as I was thinking about those three characters, I thought that Pepe could be packaged with The Newsman and Constantine, given his size. I wonder if he'll get the "pack-in character" treatment that Robin and Camilla got, or if he'll be in a two-pack (similar to how the Pepe action figure from Palisades was released on its own). It'd be cool if they could have him come with Seymour (surely Pepe's popularity would be enough...). I also thought it'd be cool if there were exclusive variants of the band, except that Animal and Dr. Teeth don't have variants yet.

And now I've got the "wish list fever" I get when something new gets announced or partially confirmed... If there are two more two-packs for series 3, none of them variants, and The Newsman, Pepe, and Constantine are all packaged together, then I guess I'd like the wave to be rounded out with Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice, and Dr. Bob and Baskerville (or maybe Kermit in a hospital gown).

And then a wishlist for series 4:
  • Patrol Bear and Patrol Link
  • Sam the Eagle and Bobo the Bear
  • Uncle Deadley and Sweetums
  • Lew Zealand and Walter
  • Rizzo, Yolanda, and Nigel (the director)

Of course I also thought it'd be cool if they could make themed waves. Series 4 would probably come out around Christmas, so that could be a Muppet Christmas Carol themed wave, and then there could be a Muppet Treasure Island-themed wave, and so on. A few have said that including figures based on The Muppets Take Manhattan might be tricky since Sony owns that film (when I asked DST if the line was to include more than just The Muppet Show, I was told that they weren't allowed to comment on what all the line can include, but considering series 1 of the figure line has Bean Bunny and series 3 of the Minimates will include Pepe and Constantine, it's clear that it's not exclusive to TMS), but if MTM is no problem I'd like to see packs themed around how the Muppets dressed for "Together Again" or "Right Where I Belong" (a wave themed around the gold tuxes worn for "We're Doing a Sequel" would be just as nice).

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
My Diamond Select Action Figures arrived a few days ago and I must say from the pictures I was seeing online I was dreading receiving mine and regretting buying multiple sets must I must say they all look fantastic, I could not be happier or more excited to continue buying this line.

As for the Minimates, I've already collected Series 1, waiting to order series 2 and the news that Janice, Floyd, Zoot, Lips, Pepe, Newsman and Constentine appearing in Seires 3 got me thinking, these might be small figure but in Series 1 we got ten characters, series 2 also gave us 10 characters (not including both Kermit varients and First Mate Piggy). This means we already have 20 characters and with the inclusion of those mentioned in Series 3 would make the total amount 27 characters... that's a lot of Muppets and it's only Series 3. Although i'm not a big fan of the Minimates, not my style, I do like the fact that we have a nice collection of Muppets. In fact after Series 4 it become kind of hard to continue making a wish list that seem plausible.

Assuming Series 3 has a few more characters this would be my wishlist

Series 3

Janice/Floyd
Zoot/Lips
Pepe/Rizzo
Newsman/Sam the Eagle

Toy's R Us Exclusive
Constantine/Walter
Snowths

Series 4

Uncle Deadly/ Beauregard
Lew Zeland/ Bobo Bear
Sweetums/Bean Bunny
Johnny Fiama/Sal (Fan Freak Out!)

In my opinion if at least most of the characters made it into the next two series then if we did get a Series 5 I think for the first time us Muppet Fans could make those obscure Muppet Wish list characters which for the first time might happen.

Very excited.

Since i'm at it here's my wishlist for Series 3 of the Diamond Select Figures.

Miss Piggy/Foo-Foo/Yolanda
Swedish Chef/Fruit/Rizzo
Rowlf/Piano

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
My Newbury Comics had the Animal/Dr. Teeth and Reporter Kermit/Rowls sets! Had I not already pre-ordered them, I would have scooped them right up.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Pleased that Lips will be in series 3. I'm guessing the band members are paired together - I would have it be Floyd and Janice then Zoot and Lips. Then again, I could be wrong. And I'm guessing that there's more characters not listed. But then again, as I was thinking about those three characters, I thought that Pepe could be packaged with The Newsman and Constantine, given his size. I wonder if he'll get the "pack-in character" treatment that Robin and Camilla got, or if he'll be in a two-pack (similar to how the Pepe action figure from Palisades was released on its own). It'd be cool if they could have him come with Seymour (surely Pepe's popularity would be enough...). I also thought it'd be cool if there were exclusive variants of the band, except that Animal and Dr. Teeth don't have variants yet.
Wait, it was my understanding that that was wave 3 of Mini-mates.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Here's my understanding of mini-mates Series 3:
Everywhere:
Floyd/Janice/Pepe
Zoot/Lips/Rizzo

Toys R Us:
Dr. Bob/Nurse Piggy
Hospital Kermit/ Nurse Janice

Comic Shops
Walter/Constantine
The Snowths