Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Onimal Mayhem

Reaction score
I was so elated to first read that Diamond was relaunching the Muppets because I was a huge fan of their other licenses and had collected the Palisades versions of my favs.

I pre-ordered waves 1 & 2 and when wave 1 came, my excitement was tempered a bit when I opened the box to find bad paint apps throughout the whole wave. I could live with everything else, but Kermit & Robin were by far the worst w/ gloppy eye paint and a bad eye pattern on kermit. I reached out to Diamond and they were very responsive and are taking care of me with replacements so we'll see what they look like when they arrive. They were 'on it' which I can appreciate because I work in distribution and have a CSR team of my own. :wink:

Still super excited for wave 2!!!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Well, I know why the action figures didn't come with stands! Their feet and legs are very thin and the normal lug to go in their feet would be wider than their ankles. I had great difficulty with Robin, and ended up using a small nail pin, glued through a base. I left Kermit sit in his chair, and Bean and Camilla are reasonably sturdy by themselves. Fozzie, Scooter and Gonzo had a bigger area to work with. The bases are small, so Fozzie had to have a base for each foot because of his weight. For Series 2, Statler and Waldorf will be in their box, and Animal will come with drums, so I hope DST will make stands for Bunsen and Beaker??

Kenbenobi

Reaction score
I haven't bought these yet, but have all of the Palisades (except for super rare ones). I haven't decided if I'll get all of these, but that balcony set is a must! Will probably get the entire 2nd wave...

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I wasn't going to get these but I decided to take the plunge. If I'm brutally honest, I wish I hadn't. For me personally, I'm not too keen on the sculpts, the paint application isn't good at all and though the size isn't too much of a problem, for the price ($40 each in the uk), they are wholly overpriced! I will keep on collecting the line now til the end (thank you OCD) but I'm very disappointed.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I wasn't going to get these but I decided to take the plunge. If I'm brutally honest, I wish I hadn't. For me personally, I'm not too keen on the sculpts, the paint application isn't good at all and though the size isn't too much of a problem, for the price ($40 each in the uk), they are wholly overpriced! I will keep on collecting the line now til the end (thank you OCD) but I'm very disappointed.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yep! It's a fun and uncontrollable habit!
Aw, I wish you liked them better. I think the likenesses are pretty solid. First series are like the first pancake. Adjustments and improvements after the first one. Series two looks rather impressive. These are so much tinier than I thought they'd be and, in that, they've become their own thing.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Series 2 cannot get here soon enough. I love Series 1 even more each time I look at them, and those pics of 2 are perfection.

VActorDreamer

Reaction score
To the Diamond Select Representative, how hard would it be to incorporate a hinge so the figures could open/close their mouths? Like the Palisades figures I just find myself yearning to display them without them all being awestruck by something. From the looks of it you did what Palisades did and gave Animal a joint but I'm referring to everyone else like Kermit for instance.

Also is it possible we'll see Wave 3 and 4 at SDCC?