Design Quality of Sesame Puppets

Reaction score
Is it me, or do some of the new puppet designs for Sesame Street (and the international co-productions) look like they were put together last minute or something? If you look at certain character designs from the 90s, 2000s, and even early 2010s it's a huge difference than some of the designs today.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, something happened where they just can't build the puppets quite like they used to... Disney has the same problem with the Muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We have a thread for this discussion already:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I kinda feel like in the last decade a lot of Anything Muppets have more of a clean/fluffy look compared to how they looked in the past (seems most noticeable when a character who hadn't been seen for a decade suddenly shows up for an appearance).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I kinda feel like in the last decade a lot of Anything Muppets have more of a clean/fluffy look compared to how they looked in the past (seems most noticeable when a character who hadn't been seen for a decade suddenly shows up for an appearance).
Kind of like the Lefty that was on display at Greenwich... you have to wonder if it's even the original puppet since it's apparently been retouched so much.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Kind of like the Lefty that was on display at Greenwich... you have to wonder if it's even the original puppet since it's apparently been retouched so much.

I think the green AM body, nose, and the hat are maybe the original. But the eyes and especially the necktie seem new.