Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

Muppetaz

Reaction score
oh cool, do you have any pictures of where you keep your collection, or how you display them?

Dearth

Reaction score
Well... funny you should ask NOW...

A photo right now wouldn't be very satisfying. Something akin to asking "Where is the Ark of the Covenant?" only to be shown that warehouse full of crates at the end of Raiders.

Among several other spring/summer-cleaning projects, I'm doing some slight renovations to my kitchen, which is where I normally display things out on the 'island' because that's where the light is best for taking photos. (My videocamera usually sat on that same island for my Leprechaun Bros WIP vids.)

I'm replacing the ceiling fan over that island, and possibly installing a new air conditioning unit.

So at the moment, all of my Muppets and several other toys to boot have been boxed up and relocated to a spare bedroom.

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
oh, thanks, I can't wait to see it, you saw my video right?

Dearth

Reaction score

My internet was acting weird last night... this is the photo of my Muppet collection (and other toys) that I was trying to add, but it kept being a little red X.

Alex

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
One lil gripe I have, Dearthy... You forgot Robin in the muppet promo poster, he was hanging off Fozzie's shoulder. But it can be forgiven...Since he was cut out, along with Lew's fish..

Just...ignore the badly photoshopped in New Piggy Head, Pepe, Chef, Sam, and Rizzo...
Also, didn't you recreat that Muppets looking in to the Mallory Gallory for that weirdo member Lamango?

Also... As I pointed out... Tom Servo fits RIGHT in with the Swinetrek playset... Wonder if Crow and Gypsy do too...

Dearth

Reaction score
I had to go digging to find the version of the poster that inspired me for that group shot... sure enough, it's cropped so there's no Robin.

While I was backtracking through my old thread on Rebelscum, I also found these behind the scenes pics from taking this photo. Here's how it looked from above, revealing that I even had a fish in Lew's hand, unseen in the final photo:

Here's a shot from the side, revealing several blocks of styrofoam cut to put figures at the proper height:

Notice Kermit's head faces forward but his body faces backwards, to give him a more upward eyeline.
And here's a detail from an earlier version of the photo which I had to scrap because it looked like Bunsen was doing something gross:

Amazing what a difference is made by just a slight rotation of the wrist and elbow.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Also, didn't you recreat that Muppets looking in to the Mallory Gallory for that weirdo member Lamango?
C'est moi!

Also... As I pointed out... Tom Servo fits RIGHT in with the Swinetrek playset... Wonder if Crow and Gypsy do too...
I don't have a Tom Servo. Wish I did. I made one for a friend of mine a loooooong time ago, but we had a falling out and haven't spoken in many years.

A few extra pics found on my Rebelscum thread that I may not have shown in my previous threads here...

(This was a shot of my custom Swinetrek crewpigs before I decided to remove their inaccurate eyebrows.)

*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?

(the two miniature pianos belong to my Mom; Rowlf is mine)

Fozzie and his cousin

Disastrous audition for "Yes, We Have No Bananas" -- this did not end well.

The Lost Guest Star... "Tenk you veddy much!"

(Seemed appropriate to put Rizzo on a 'ratline'!)

Alex

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Yes you, Dearth. :stick_out_tongue:
Anyways...Think you could sneak Robin into that picture? I know I'm a pain.

But yeah, you can get Servo from box set XVI from Shout Factory. He fits in perfectly.

Now, I'm sure you can find a way, you handsome customizer you, to make Crow get off the stand, maybe...MAYBE give him accurate legs.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/brisaacs/press%20releases/mst3k.jpg
Gypsy...

Now...If you redocorated the Pigs in Space Set...BOOM, Satalite of Love!

Dearth

Reaction score
With everything boxed up at the moment, I won't be re-creating the poster to add Robin anytime soon, but maybe someday I'll give it a go.

I don't have any of those MST3K figurines, though I've admired them in the past.

Alex