Dear Muppet Fanfiction Authors...

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
A/N: There are literally loads of these on FF.net, but as far as I know, there's not a Muppet version. And now there is! Enjoy, and I sincerely hope no-one takes this the wrong way. This was made purely for fun! I do not own the Muppets.

Dear Muppet Fanfiction Authors,

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for each and every fan of the Muppets, but let me just settle this once and for all. Me and Miss Piggy are in no way involved with one another in any possible romantic way at all! Yes, it is obvious that she has harboured strong feelings for me over the years and that there was a spark between us when we first met, but that's all it ever was. A spark. Our relationship is strictly a professional one. All this romantic stuff is just a fabrication by Miss Piggy. We are not secretly dating or married. So please, I beg of you, if you are to write stories about me and Miss Piggy, please show respect and don't write us as a couple. It will only encourage her.

Yours Truly,

Kermit the Frog.

P.S. No, I am not in denial.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

Kissy, kissy! Moi has been looking into this media known as “fanfiction” and moi has wanted to congratulate vous on these adorable and very accurate romantic stories about moi and my Kermie! Now if only I can get him to act like you write him in real life…

Love vous all! Keep up the good work!

Kissy Kissy!

Miss Piggy!

P.S. As for my frog’s denial of our relationship, just so you know, he is taking a public stance so not to upset his female fans. So I let him deny that we are, in fact, MARRIED!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

As a lot of you may know, Jim Henson, the godfather of the Muppets and my personal friend, passed away in 1990. In fact, the 22nd anniversary of his death was just last week. It was an awful day for us, especially for me and others who worked closely with Jim. Kermit, Link, Dr. Teeth, The Newsman, The Swedish Chef, to name a few. For a while, some of us didn’t speak or work much for a few years, me included. Now I am working with Bill and doing much better.

However, the reason I’m writing this letter to you is to say…thank you. I am aware that you guys have been writing beautiful tributes to Jim. You guys didn’t even know him, yet they bring me to tears, both of joy and sadness. I’m always touched by how many people Jim reached out to and how many still miss him. I miss him too. Thank you all!

Your friend,

Rowlf the Dog.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

I write this letter to you to inform you that you are sick and weird! You spend your time writing these disgusting “fanfictions” about the Muppets. Your grammar is atrociously poor, the characters you create are weirdoes and the stories are far from cultural, American, decent and proper entertainment! Very much like the original Muppet Sho-

*Ahem*

Yours sincerely,

Sam the American Eagle!

P.S. Why aren’t there any stories about me, hmm? Am I not good enough for you?

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I can honestly say that there similar stories like this, but not in the Muppet fandom. Personally, I usually avoid these types of stories for the simple matter is that most are written by twelve year old fan girls who have crushes on the main star of a show/movie and will work whatever is going on with their lives into the story, even if it has no basis in fact in terms of the actual story/movie.

With all of that said...

I liked this. :smile: Especially Sam's deriding of us authors and then turning around and asking why there aren't stories about him. I also liked Rowlf's thanks.

Only one nitpick is Kermit's, just because he has recently - and ever so reluctantly - admitted that he and Piggy are indeed a couple. And by admitted, I mean as though on pain of death or that he'd rather be in a dentist chair than to admit that, for all that is holy, he is essentially Mr. Piggy.

But all aside, I did indeed enjoy it.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I can honestly say that there similar stories like this, but not in the Muppet fandom. Personally, I usually avoid these types of stories for the simple matter is that most are written by twelve year old fan girls who have crushes on the main star of a show/movie and will work whatever is going on with their lives into the story, even if it has no basis in fact in terms of the actual story/movie.

With all of that said...

I liked this. :smile: Especially Sam's deriding of us authors and then turning around and asking why there aren't stories about him. I also liked Rowlf's thanks.

Only one nitpick is Kermit's, just because he has recently - and ever so reluctantly - admitted that he and Piggy are indeed a couple. And by admitted, I mean as though on pain of death or that he'd rather be in a dentist chair than to admit that, for all that is holy, he is essentially Mr. Piggy.

But all aside, I did indeed enjoy it.
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

I do understand what you mean about Kermit and Miss Piggy. However, their relationship is practically all over the place. It's just an endless cycle of denial, love and denial again, especially from Kermit's side. It's a complicated love story! Heck, I would be surprised if Kermit starts the denial again in a few years.

But, meh, whatever. Whether they're together or not, I like 'em either way. *shrug*

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

You guys are awesome! Y’know, I been reading these stories you’ve written about me. The acts you come up with! Oh, my gosh! Why didn’t I think of bronzing my nose while doing the highland fling on an twenty feet pole stuck on a giant cheese, also balancing a crocodile tank AND reciting Robert Burns Tam O’ Shanter!

Oh, wait. I did.

Well, whatever! You’ve given me so many inspirations for my acts, I’ve lost count!

Keep the danger comin’ baby! HAHAHA!

Yours Truly,

Gonzo The Great!

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
In the words of a certain flightless, orange fowl:

"I'm liking this idea!" :laugh: Sam's was my favorite so far. Can't wait to see more ^^