Dave Goelz to voice Figment in Rehab of Epcot Attraction

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Yayyyy !

When i go back at Christmas im gonna record it !

Is it possible too ?!

See ya

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Great Job, Dave!

I just returned from taking an extended lunch and going to the Cast Member preview of the rehabbed attraction.

Dave has done a wonderful job with Figment. His voice was speeded up a bit, but with certain words you could definately tell it was him.

The "One Little Spark" song has returned-- some new lyrics too.

Figment is throughout the attraction-- multiple times. Basically he IS the star.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the updated song on a park music CD next year. Right now with the current "100 Years of Magic" celebration going on, there is a 100YoM CD.

Those of you visiting-- you could capture the song on a recorder. The audio in the attraction is amazing.

Chris

pezbalubah

Reaction score
That's awesome news, Figment was one of the best things at Epcot, and with Dave doing his voice it makes him even cooler. I hope that if they ever make a rehabbed Star Tours they get Paul Reubens back.

FER SURE

Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't have expected much from this rehab. All they did was add some projection screens, Figment and take out the coolest effect in the old ride. The end of the old ride was a dark room with a starfield that faded into light. Well now that it is gone there is no sense in crying. I guess it isn't the stupidest thing that they did with this pavilion. The award for stupidest move goes to shortening the ride track in the first rehab. When the ride originally opened the entire first floor of the builing was occupied with the ride. At the time the interactive exhibit was upstairs in the glass pyramids. The old exhibit is still up there, but now it is only a meeting/convention/VIP reception area. With one fell swoop Imagineering cut the ride in half in the name of revenue, which as it seems is all that dictates thier future design these days. Paul Pressler needs to go.

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Nathan,
Don't jump to conclusions based on the limited info given @ laughingplace. The description that laughing place gave left out a TON of stuff. The starfield is still there.. actually it is even expanded.

A lot of the toughest critics who have seen it are very happy about the changes. Lance over at Screamscape.com gave a write up as well. The pictures are bad because it is hard to take good digitial pics under blacklights. The changes that were made to the original were bad... this "fix" to those changes is a huge improvement.

If you really liked the original (and it seems that you liked it as much as I did), you will still miss it, but you won't be disappointed with these changes.

Chris

FER SURE

Reaction score
Chris

Thanks for the info! I am so glad to hear that the starfield remains. I find it harder and harder to trust Imagineering as I find all the best attractions refurbed and downsized to fit in a gift shop. I do realise the atractive lure of "Merchantainment" revenue but it has gone to far. By the way, what is your role? I was a Front Dest Host CP at ALL-Star sports.

radionate

Reaction score
Ok guys, check it out. I just found the ENTIRE Journey Into Imagination ride posted online. You can see just how good of a job both Dave Goelz did, as well as the imagineers.

http://www.disneycorner.com/media/figment/index.htm

They have both the entire ride, and the stuff at the entrace on these links.:big_grin:

Tera

Reaction score
I haven't been on the Imagination ride for some time. Its WAY too dark and scares the bejeezus out of my kid. Why make a ride that's dark, boring and terrifies 5 year olds? If it scares kids, it should be exciting!
When did this change happen? For those who have seen the ride, is it still mostly in the dark?
Thanks!

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Alot of Disney's rides are dark, they're actually called dark rides. I loved Figment when I was like 3, I couldn't get enough of him.