Dark Crystal II Directors Creating Hundreds of Puppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Avatar like DC, hmm i thought Avatar was more like Pochahontis lol.
Actually, Avatar is a lot more like the Osamu Tetzuka film "Cleopatra" in terms of the fact they virtually sent people from a spece colony (or something) back in time taking on different bodies... but I chalk that up more to co-incidence. I doubt anyone in the US has seen it, outside of conventions. I'm hard pressed to recommend it, but I just can't tell you to run away.

The Tokyo Pop comics are good but too similar to the storyof the original so I hope they dont adapt them as the story.
Heh heh heh... Ginzu Pop! Nah, no one in entertainment ever really takes the comic book versions of things into canon. Shame... I liked Skeeter being a secret agent. So I'd doubt IF this movie were to happen anyone actually sat down and read those things and worked the script around them.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I dunno ... JP3 I thought had a few concepts from the few comics I managed to read. Of course, they also referenced Dino Crisis, an unrelated video game, too.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
So no prequel/sequel? Cuz' it doesn't look it's happening anytime soon.

Uwizll

Reaction score
I'm hoping Henson Co. will ditch Power of the Dark Crystal and start fresh -- greenlighting a prequel movie.

It really would be campy to have a sequel where the urSkeks come to Thra again just to check how things are going. "Hey guys, just stopping by to see how the Crystal of Truth is..."

Then the Crystal cracks again...

A prequel movie (or movies) is the way to go. You can have a totally new story and you can have your cake (The Crystal's cracked, the Gelfling race is back, the Skeksis and Mystics are still on Thra) and eat it too.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that this YA novel series will be a way to round up the fans back to the Dark Crystal -- get them interested again -- plus get some new fans along the way, before beginning production of a prequel/sequel movie.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
Didn't they finally decide to scrap the sequel after all the time it spent in development h-e-l-l?

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Well, Henson certainly did ditch Power of the Dark Crystal. No word on whether the film franchise is dead or not.