Dark Crystal Funko Pops? MMmmHHmmmMM!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tough Pigs has the Details

Jen, Kira (with Fizzgig), a Mystic, Chamberlain Skesis (MMmmhhMMMM), and Aughra are part of this line up.

Now, if you're like me, they make too darn many of these things to collect all of your favorites, and they keep adding some great licenses to the mix. I'm overjoyed another Henson collection is being made by them. If you only collect Henson property based ones, this will be a must have for your collection.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Sounds so much better than credit cards, too! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You think the fanbase would be a little more excited about Dark Crystal merch.

It's nice to know that of all the cult 1980's movies they do, we finally have a line of distinguishable characters. The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles ones just looked unremarkable. The live action movie ones are usually hit or miss, and the more powerful franchises seem to sell better than the others.

And hey... maybe this could open the door to Labyrinth and maybe even Fraggle Rock ones.

UrZah UrRu

Reaction score
I'm rather excited by this. The pop vinyl designs look pretty cool, even though I don't really get into the pop vinyl thing at all. I'm excited about the hints that there's going to be a ReAction series based off the previously unreleased models created by Timothy Clarke. Has anyone else heard about this?

I think maybe Tim may have even said in an interview that they were coming out this year?

Drtooth

Reaction score
These were just released, and they look incredibly detailed in person. Easily the best looking Pop figures ever made.

UrZah UrRu

Reaction score
These were just released, and they look incredibly detailed in person. Easily the best looking Pop figures ever made.
I received the pop vinyls in the mail on Friday! Very exciting I'll be clearing some shelf space later today for them. Even more exciting a friend of mine went to SDCC and picked up the Landstrider/Jen exclusive for me. So I should have that end of next week

Mystic Master

Reaction score
After years, I've returned because of the Dark Crystal merchandise that's finally being produced after such a long wait. I found a single POP from Dark Crystal today at TRU, but it was Jen, and its a bit lackluster because of the blank face. The Mystic and Chamberlain are far more detailed. I'd like to purchase the Mystic if I spot it at retail!

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I've searched for DC POPs at retail, and they seem to be selling out, so I ordered Ursol the Chanter online - it is easily the most detailed POP figure I have ever seen. I've never purchased a figure from any POP line, but I love the Mystics, so this figure was a must-have! I'm thinking about building a diorama to display him.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
After picking up the Garthim and mostly completing (minus winged Kira) my Dark Crystal figure collection, I've turned my attention back to the POP figures. I only picked up Ursol from the DC line - which remains my favorite, but after seeing the Chamberlain in person, I decided to add it to my collection as well! I wonder if we'll see anything made for the Netflix Dark Crystal series?

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I've been browsing TRU and various other stores that focus on movies, gaming, etc - but the supply of DC Pops is apparently gone at retail. I went ahead and ordered Aughra online, and used rewards points, so my final price was under $2. The detail is great, I love how each whisker is a separate piece. The cloak is also sculpted away from the figure and is attached to the arms, which sets it apart from the Reaction figure. I think Aughra may have bumped the Chamberlain out of place as my second favorite DC Pop. Now owning three, I may have to pick up Jen & Kira simply to complete the set! ;p