Daring to Dream

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I did volunteer at a local animal shelter for a long time, but decided to quit due to the work being hard for me and decided to work somewhere else.

My mom offered to teach me how to drive, but I crashed her car into a tree the second time around and ended up breaking a rearview mirror.

Looks like I'm going to have to do Drivers Ed then.
Oh yikes! Yeah, it helps to learn on a closed course. I was terrified of driving my first few months. I've been in one fender bender (at 19, broke a toe), and had 2 cars totalled (neither of those was ruled my fault). But I love driving. Once you become attuned to your car, it's a wonderful freedom.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Last year I rear-ended my mom's car, and while I accept full responsibility, I do say that it's partly not my fault: I was backing up because somebody else was coming out of an entrance the wrong way, so I was giving them room to back up . . . and it was the one time I didn't look in the rearview mirror, and ended up backing into somebody else waiting behind me. There wasn't a scratch on the other person's truck, but there's a huge dent and paint chip in the hatchback of my mom's car, as well as a huge dent in the fender.

Maddest I've ever seen her in my life.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Last year I rear-ended my mom's car, and while I accept full responsibility, I do say that it's partly not my fault: I was backing up because somebody else was coming out of an entrance the wrong way, so I was giving them room to back up . . . and it was the one time I didn't look in the rearview mirror, and ended up backing into somebody else waiting behind me. There wasn't a scratch on the other person's truck, but there's a huge dent and paint chip in the hatchback of my mom's car, as well as a huge dent in the fender.

Maddest I've ever seen her in my life.
My little brother did the same thing when he was learning to drive. He, I, and our stepmom decided to go out late one summer night to get ice cream. My brother backed the car out of the driveway; I saw the neighbor's Jaguar parked right behind him and warned him twice to STOP...but he didn't notice...CRUNCH.

Our stepmom told the neighbor she'd been the one who did the deadly deed. Happily, the neighbor was a car dealer and not terribly angry about it.

I think every kid has at least one boneheaded learning-to-drive story. My fiance managed to destroy his dad's canoe in the back of a truck (long story). It's embarrassing, but you get over it, and you get back behind the wheel and take more precautions. :embarrassed:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My friend asked me via text if I wanted to date him, so I finally may be having my very first boyfriend.