"Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" debuts on PBS September 3, 2012

Hubert

Reaction score
My other problem with the casting is that Lady Elaine got married. For some reason to me she seems like she would be the person who would be single all her life.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think Miss Elaina would be better off a Elaine's niece instead of daughter. You know like O is X's nephew. I too can't see Lady Elaine married.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that a niece would be better. I am glad that at least they let X stay single, since he is another character who should stay single.

Bridget

Reaction score
Aww! I absolutely love this show! It teaches kids about new experiences that they will encounter as they grow and develop, and in a very adorable and warm way! I love how they use gentle songs to open the children's minds to the new idea/concept. The show also uses bright colors and graphics that keeps the child engaged, and it really resemble's Mr. Roger's in a way. My little brothers cannot take their eyes off of the television for a minute when this is on. Haha, sometimes I find myself not being able to turn away :big_grin:

dinoboy

Reaction score
I saw that show, and I loved that song "When something goes bad, turn it around, and find something good." They sang that song with clocks ticking and chimes ringing, and played it during a movie of a children's playtime at school.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I actually kind of like this show, there's no doubt this is a modern "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood". The characters are pretty likable, some of the songs are nice.
One thing that bugs me though, is how repetitive the songs are. I understand that they replay the songs over and over again so kids' will get the lesson and i'm sure it doesn't bother the show's target demographic at all, but it's still really annoying to me.

Also, something i've noticed is that the singing often sounds really robotic lke they use way too much autotune.