Cyndi Lauper: Bring Ya To The Brink!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:excited: Cyndi Lauper's New Studio Album - Bring Ya To The Brink - Now Available! :flirt:

Many Muppet Central members are quite aware of my affection for the music of Cyndi Lauper. Today she released her first full-fledged wide release studio album of original music in a decade to meet rave reviews!

The sound of "Bring Ya To The Brink" is very dance-oriented, which with her already spectacular voice isn’t my first choice, but it really works here – and it beats the pulp out of the latest fairly good offering from songstress and diva Madonna, Hard Candy. The beats are strong, but Cyndi’s heart is felt throughout Brink.

The album really starts moving after the initial few songs with “Echo”, “Same Ol’ Story”, “Lay Me Down” and “Give It Up”. The final two tracks “Grab A Hold” and “Rain On Me” are the strongest and most like the classic Cyndi we all know and love. It is rare for a CD to have 6 monstrously strong songs with the rest being so finely tuned as well.

Apple’s itunes version contains a few extra remix tracks that I’ll probably pick up later. Right now I am through the roof happy to purchase an all new Cyndi Lauper CD at major outlet Virgin Megastore the day of release!

You can check out music samples from Amazon or go to Cyndilauper.com

Her True Colors Tour (with Cyndi, The B-52s, Wanda Sykes and Andy Bell of Erasure among others) is coming back to the Bay Area next month. I hope to go! I’ve seen her twice in my life and it’s always thrilling to go to see a performer who is such a remarkable singer! :sing:

*Take note there is both an explicit and clean version of this album available.*

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I have Cyndi's Greatest Hits on my iPod, and it's pretty good, so I might get this album. She's a free spirit which I really admire.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, fantastic! The B-52's, who are touring with her, just released a new album too and I am so hooked on their new song "Funplex" right now. I will have to check out Cyndi's new one too! She's someone who I've listened to since I was small, because my parents were big fans of hers back in the day. I scratched the A-side of "She's So Unusual" when I was about 10... I got in BIG trouble!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I like her last releases so this one should be good. She really has matured as an artist sense her early days.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to the album quite a bit and to me this is her best effort since True Colors in 1986! She's always been a rock solid artist, but she kind of went experimental, mixed things up and was largely avant-garde for many years. :flirt:

This album has musical chops along with commercial appeal. And, of course, Cyndi can actually sing! That isn't the case with many music stars today. :shifty: