'Customizing' Gonzo's Cannon

SNLIM

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Without question your best bet would be to track down one of the UK exclusives that has the much more powerful spring. One of the UK folks can answer this, but can people order the more powerful spring version on-line? They might be able to ship it to the US or maybe not. Just depends on the company.
maybe i'm just out of the loop, but i never heard of the uk getting an exclusive gonzo with a more powerful spring, how cool! when was this announced?

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by SNLIM
maybe i'm just out of the loop, but i never heard of the uk getting an exclusive gonzo with a more powerful spring, how cool! when was this announced?
It's not so much exclusive. Their version has a more powerful spring. I guess it's because their children are smarter and realize that Gonzo does not belong lodged in their throat. American kids need higher safety standards because they're too curious for their own good. "Hmmm, a blue toy! And it flies! Maybe I can make it into my mouth, Hyuck Hyuck!"

I tell ya, the English kids who watch Teletubbies turn out just fine!

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Wow. Didn't think I'd get such a big response from this :smile:

So, I guess the question now is... has anyone in the UK tested this 'more powerful spring' theory???

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken stated that only the American market received the weaker spring because of our very strict safety standards. They think that some child is going to point the cannon at right at one of their eyes and shoot the Gonzo at it. LOL! Well, kids do crazy things. Anyway, all other markets did get a stronger spring. I don't see why anyone would want to catapult such a beatiful figure out of the cannon anyway, I wouldn't want to get it scraped up. But I guess we are supposed to "play with it!"

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Not that I use the cannon anymore but when I first got it I used to put a pillow in front of the cannon for gonzo to land on....Gonzo didn't really like it, but i didn't care:wink:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I doubt Ken is going to come on here and tell us how to circumvent the safety standards of the toy. That's just asking for a lawsuit, in the event that a stray souped up Gonzo should injure someone. :wink: And you just know that if someone customizes their cannon, it's going to be like the Red Rider BB Gun incident all over again. You'll put your eye out! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
They think that some child is going to point the cannon at right at one of their eyes and shoot the Gonzo at it. LOL! Well, kids do crazy things.
Well, they're right for doing so, because even on the lower spring action I still got a black eye for doing that!

F:embarrassed:Z

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
There is also danger in flinging other items out of the cannon rather then just the gonzo figure, I've shot out crazy harry's bomb and Fozzie's rubber chicken which didn't seem like harm, but Lew Zealands sword fish could really put your eye out! not to mention the reg piggy's head!:mad: it's a good thing there is a warning lable on the cannon, the thing is though, will it be okay to fling purple tux gonzo out of the cannon rather then the daredevil or crashhelmet gonzo figure? that is the question!:wink: :mad:

Zack)Rowlf the, how about rizzo or camilla or pepe later on?Dog.

Raech

Reaction score
Well I am a 32 yr old adult, and if I change my own toy they would not be liable. I would. Alterations would be an after market thing. I just meant if he had tips to take it apart not replace the spring per se.