'Customizing' Gonzo's Cannon

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked before....

Has anyone in the US attempted to 'customize' the spring in Gonzo's cannon. I'm lookin' for a little more firepower :smile:

Any ideas on how to do this?

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Well... I'd like Gonzo to shoot farther out of the cannon... like across the room :smile:

I'm basically looking for instructions on how to swap out the spring in the cannon for a more powerful one.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Oh, gotcha!

Don't ask me, I'm clueless how to do things like that. I hear the UK version of the toy has a far more powerful spring, though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Without question your best bet would be to track down one of the UK exclusives that has the much more powerful spring. One of the UK folks can answer this, but can people order the more powerful spring version on-line? They might be able to ship it to the US or maybe not. Just depends on the company.

Raech

Reaction score
Um, I think he wants to know if anyone in the US has replaced their spring and how to?

I too wanted to know this. As I really want to. Maybe Ken knows????

the great prawn

Reaction score
hey i live in the uk, and i have a gonzo figure with the cannon!! what u wanna know?:confused:

the great prawn :rolleyes:

Raech

Reaction score
actually I wanted to know if anyone in the USA had taken appart their cannon and replaced the spring. And how to do it.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone doing this, i remember i said something about it before the figure came out because i knew the US cannon would be weeker, then i got mine and he shoots pretty far! better then the "falling out" way that was said, my EX gonzo dosen't go as far. i think i got a mixed up cannon with my other one:wink: looking at how to take it apart, i would think it might break if you did. i don't know.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
All toys have a seam, based on the glue that keeps it together you might be able to split it down that seam to insert a stronger spring.

Only fear there is that the repair work you do may not be good enough to keep it together for always.

So far, though, I've just been playing around with it and pretending it's shooting Gonzo farther.

FOZ